Fraud Detection SpecialistJob ID 0819388 Date posted 02/12/2019
Identify and prevent fraudulent credit card activity in a card not present, retail environment. Help identify ways to improve on existing fraud detection processes.
A Day in the Life
- Work alert queues and reports daily, making outbound calls to verify charges.
- Take calls on fraud issues and questions from other operational departments. Investigate suspicious accounts routed from Customer Service.
- Provide superior customer service to customers through various contacts made during the course of work performed.
- Preliminary investigations assisting the investigators as needed.
- Contact credit card companies to verify charge activity.
- Assume additional duties as required by the Fraud Manager.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- 12 months in Fraud, or in similar role requiring critical thinking, and investigation skills
- 1 year of Customer Service and or call center environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work independently and without direction.
- Capable of taking initiative and making difficult decisions.
- Capable of prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Analytical skills, requiring the ability to do preliminary investigations.
- Must have a basic understanding of credit card products / procedures and operations
- Professional demeanor in dealing with internal and external customers is essential.
- Position may encounter frequent sitting, close vision and the use of hands and digits for typing which is 80% of the time.
- Must be able to work weekends
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Associates or above degree preferred.
- Shift: 10:30-7:00 PM Tuesday thru Saturday (Saturday's shift: 8:00-4:30 PM)
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.