Executive Assistant to VP of Digital Commerce & ContentJob ID R36942 Date posted 06/01/2019
HSN is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the VP of Digital Commerce & Content with managing and maintaining calendars, planning and coordinating meetings and travel, and provide administrative support to the department as needed.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Handle complex responsibilities such as developing and reviewing correspondence, conducting research, preparing presentations and/or reports, and proactively managing key events and meetings
- Plans and coordinates meetings, off-sites, and other projects domestically and globally; welcome and direct visitors
- Completes and processes expense reports
- Provides support in preparation and in production of material (agendas, presentations, etc.) for events/meetings
- Handles confidential information, using judgment, and discretion
- May supervise or provide work direction to other administrative support
- Other general clerical support including but not limited to making copies, faxing, file organization, submit maintenance requests, ordering office supplies, catering orders for events, ensure bottled water is-stock for guests, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- BS/BA degree or equivalent specific experience
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge in developing presentations
- Ability to work professionally and diplomatically with all levels of management
- Dependable, flexible, and motivated with the ability to perform well under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to look ahead and anticipate needs and risks so that he/she can manage them pro-actively
- Quick learner and self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, multi-task environment
- Strong problem solving abilities and basic creativity skills
- Outstanding organizational ability, taking detailed messaged and following up promptly
- Personable, friendly and willing to learn new programs
- Strong relationship building skills
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.