eCommerce Senior AssociateJob ID R37954 Date posted 07/10/2019
Job Description Details
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, the eCommerce Sr. Associate is responsible planning, strategizing and overseeing the execution of the assigned Division and its respective brands, categories and events. Understanding the influence of the marketing channels to the business and the digital platform is critical in building successful strategies to drive the off-air business. This includes using performance trends and sales metrics to build out monthly projections. Work with the Sr Manager on recommending the necessary promotions and events to drive off air sales. Work with internal marketing channels to create key drives, marketable stories and brand appropriate content to increase conversion rates and strengthen the customer files. Keep a connection to the competitive market and make recommendations for platform enhancements as needed. The eCommerce Sr. Associate is responsible for driving communication for digital needs with Merchandising, Planning, Broadcast Production, Category and Content Production, Creative, Talent, Legal, Programming, Digital Content Operations, Social, Marketing, Analytics, Resource Planning and Workflow, and Public Relations. Lead external communication with vendors and guests on digital strategy for brand and product. The eCommerce Sr. Associate oversees and prioritizes workload for their direct report, eCommerce Associate. Collaborates with other Sr. associates for consistency and balance in workload across the divisions. The eCommerce Sr. Associate is responsible for participating in alternating on call duty.
Day in the life
- Strategy and Planning- Work with the Sr. Manager to create category projections and achieve the Digital and Category off-air sales plan. Identify new and innovative selling methods while learning and applying platform and category best practices. Prioritize the category content including video and lifestyle requests captured in the monthly Content Matrix. Lead category initiatives including events, prepare and present in brand/category Strategy Mtgs., develop content strategy for the category, brand, and products including TS and other Key Items, partnering with planning and merchandising to drive the off-air business, leverage extended assortment product to drive additional revenue, Create strategies and execute against Whole House initiatives as assigned.
- Reporting/Analysis- Partner with Analytics team to identify gaps and/or areas of opportunity for improving performance across platforms based on metrics. Use data-driven insights including established customer segments to develop initiatives that provide a more relevant shopping experience for our customer according to her preferences. Understanding of metrics as they pertain to eCommerce engagement, acquisition, and retention. Assist the eCommerce Associate with the weekly Category recaps and translate into actionable next steps to drive off-air sales. Responsible for the overall monthly recapping and reporting for the division, this should be informing the off-air daily builds and understanding the impact of the business drivers throughout the month. Analyze brand and category trends within the division to inform platform performance to internal business partners.
- Leadership and Development-build and develop management skills that will effectively inform both business objectives and personal skills across the team. Lead a small team by example to achieve larger business objectives. Focus on relationship development by building partnerships with - broader teams across the organization. Partner with Merchandising, Planning, Creative, and Content to strategize driving items, brands, categories and overall eCommerce strategies to meet off-air sales goals. Understand how to function at a high level within cross-functional teams with varying goals and missions.
- Systems- Google Analytics, Tableau, Business Objects, Realtime Reports, DMS, CMS, UMO, Business Desk with a focus on ROCS, Grid Sorting Tools, Search Redirects, SPT, Marketing Calendars by platform.
- External vendor communication- Work with vendors and guests to develop category/brand appropriate recommendations for the eCommerce strategy (i.e. content, customer marketing initiatives, email campaigns, photos, etc.) Collaborate with vendor and Social team to develop strategies. Review metrics and leverage previously successful eCommerce techniques.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in merchandising/marketing/eCommerce sales or equivalent business experience.
- Experience: 3-5 year’s experience in an eCommerce environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multidiscipline environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and develop consensus with teams not in a direct report alignment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Must exhibit customer focus, good time management skills, a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Proactive in solving problems, listening, and negotiating
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Tableau, & windows based systems
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.