eCommerce AssociateJob ID 0819246 Date posted 12/05/2018
Reporting to the eCommerce Sr. Associate, the eCommerce Associate is responsible for overseeing assigned Division and Categories. This includes learning and executing strategies, decision making, becoming proficient in numerous systems, analyzing the performance to their assigned area of responsibility and develop an understanding and influence of the marketing channels to the category. The eCommerce Associate is responsible for internal communication with Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Broadcast Production, Category and Content Production, Creative, Legal, Programming, Digital Content Operations, Social, Retention Marketing, Paid Marketing, Digital IT Systems, Resource Planning and Workflow, and Public Relations to seamlessly execute the product and platforms strategies and achieve the digital and category sales plans.
Day in the Life
- Work with the Sr. Category Manager and Sr. Associate to achieve the sales plan. With a focus on the execution of the day to day business; create, distribute, and route the divisions brand and promotional briefs for assigned areas. This is inclusive of both digital creative and video content. Also, handle the information handoff to email team for briefing needs. TS Checklists, ensuring all Key items are priced and ready to go live. Managing content within the CMS review process; checking links and copy points for all marketing channels, provide feedback in routing processes. Setup and validate both digital only and global promotions. Assist in the coordination of product samples when necessary, working with the merchants and imaging studio. Generating recaps and reporting to guide future strategies
- Partner with eCommerce Sr. Associate to learn and apply platform and category best practices, develop Key Item Strategy and Checklist, utilize sales and metrics to create Digital experiences, identify new and innovative selling methods, Assist with events, brand/category Strategy Meetings, develop product detail content, merchandise and rank area of responsibility, leverage extended assortment product to drive additional revenue.
- Communicate with internal partners on strategy and execution for the category and department, Partner with Merchandising, Planning and Content to execute key items, brands, categories and eCommerce strategies to meet sales goals
- Work with vendors to develop category/brand appropriate recommendations for the eCommerce strategy (i.e. content, customer marketing initiatives, email campaigns, photos, etc.) Communicate trackable links to vendor, Review metrics and leverage previously successful eCommerce techniques
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising/marketing/eCommerce sales or equivalent business experience
- 1 year experience in an eCommerce environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multidiscipline environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and develop consensus with teams not in a direct report alignment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Must exhibit customer focus, good time management skills, a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Proactive in solving problems, listening, and negotiating
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Tableau, & windows based systems
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- 2+ years experience in an eCommerce environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience required
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
About the QVC Group (boilerplate)
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.