Director of Retention Marketing - Email, Mobile, Push SMS, and TechnologyJob ID R40347 Date posted 09/27/2019
Job Description Details
Reporting to the Vice President, Brand Strategy and Retention Marketing, the Director, Retention Marketing, develops and drives strategy to deliver a more personalized experience for our customers. The goal is to deliver the most relevant content, to specific customers, at the right time with the correct frequency in order to drive repeat sales and loyalty for HSN.
This leader is responsible for leading and developing a team to effectively advance our customer marketing contact strategy. This leader will have a retailer’s DNA and be able to marry strategy, product, tools and customer in a way that will make the customer’s relationship with HSN relevant and cohesive across the platforms and devices they use every day.
This individual will be responsible for leading the marketing technology roadmap for the business. They will work to ensure that all current technology is being maximized and will be the lead contact with all marketing technology external companies. They will partner with other areas of Marketing, and with IT, on the technology needs for the future laying out the marketing technology roadmap for the next several years and then working to implement those technologies.
This individual will be responsible for the email, mobile PUSH and Facebook messenger platforms. They will be responsible for the performance of each channel including growing the engagement with that platform and meeting all respective KPI’s by channel.
This leader will be responsible for developing and retaining a highly specialized team of marketers and needs to foster an environment where team members are happy and productive. Collaborating across the organization is critical to the success of this leader and they will work closely with many teams including; Content/Creative, Digital, Customer Marketing, Campaign Management, Merchandising, Finance, Analytics and IT teams.
Day in the Life
- Leads the strategic direction toward a more personalized experience for each HSN customer in order to drive repeat sales and customer loyalty.
- Develops compelling and effective direct-to-customer communication strategies across all delivery mechanisms and devices
- Develops customer journeys that are targeted to specific customer segments in order to reach the customer where she wants to be contacted, when she wants to be contacted.
- Incorporates personalization and relevancy into the program in a way that leaves her happy with the fact that HSN knows her
- Works closely with the Performance Marketing, Customer Development and Campaign Management teams to strategize, develop and execute customer journeys that reach customers in all platforms.
- Leads strategic direction, from the business perspective, for marketing technology roadmap at HSN
- Will work closely with IT to evaluate current marketing technologies, understand the technology needs of the future, and develop a roadmap for how to utilize technology to enable increased customer retention
- Responsible for marketing vendor partnerships including leading the selection of external vendors, developing contracts that are beneficial to HSN, maintaining the vendor relationship and ensuring that HSN is maximizing vendor capabilities/features to the greatest extent.
- Will be the subject matter expert on marketing technology and will be expected to stay current with new and developing technologies in the marketing arena.
- Oversee the strategy, development and execution of the email, mobile and Facebook Messenger marketing channels.
- Direct overall customer contact strategy across multiple channels, ensure strategies have appropriate segmentation and targeting to maximize results
- Drive effectiveness of each program by maximizing engagement metrics (open rate, click thru rate, conversion)
- Execute on-going testing regimen(subject lines, format, frequency, etc.) to continuously improve performance, focused on customer engagement
- Responsible for each channel’s budget and performance to ensure that all financial targets are met
- Serve as lead across the enterprise for these marketing platforms, sharing best practices, leading strategic discussions and collaborating with other teams to drive and implement successful programs based on learnings.
- Responsible for developing and retaining a team of managers and individual contributors responsible for the different functional areas within Retention Marketing.
- Conducting regular 1:1’s, staff meetings, administer evaluations, providing regular coaching and feedback to the team. Working to ensure that the team in happy and productive.
- In this role, there is heightened importance around insuring collaboration across several different departments that are critical to the success of the teams efforts (i.e.: Campaign Management, Customer Development, Legal, Procurement, Finance, Digital Commerce, IT, Merchandising, Planning, Programming, etc.)
- Director, Retention Marketing is responsible for determining and directing the overall multi-channel retention marketing strategy across all channels.
- Overall accountability for meeting/exceeding sales/profit, longer term growth objectives for each business/channel.
- Responsible for leading marketing technology from a business perspective to ensure that HSN is maximizing technology to drive sales and customer loyalty.
- Exercises direct supervision of HSN retention team and performs all required supervisory tasks.
- Exercises independent decision making in execution of marketing strategies and multiple tasks assignments. Willingly takes on additional tasks in both familiar as well as developing areas.
- 10+ years of digital customer marketing experience including email and mobile PUSH marketing channels
- 7+ years of experience managing staff
- 5+ years of experience working marketing technology service providers is required
- Experience developing and implementing customer contact strategy is required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects initiatives and delegate responsibilities.
- Must be proficient in advanced analytics solutions for marketing
- Comfortable in a testing culture and testing methodology
- Experience working with Salesforce is preferred
- Experience working with a campaign management tool such as UNICA or SAS is preferred
- Undergraduate degree required, Master’s degree preferred
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.