Director Buying Culinary HSNJob ID R39559 Date posted 09/06/2019
Job Description Details
You love entertaining, cooking, food, kitchen gadgets and all things culinary, whether as your primary focus or a major side passion. Does this sound like you? HSN is looking for an experienced Merchandising leader to be the Director of Buying for Culinary, driving the innovation and creating the products that will delight our customer and positively impact the business. In this newly-created role, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of the Culinary items featured at HSN, and you will use your strong communication skills to interact with internal partners as well as externally with top national brands. You will lead your team in identifying and negotiating price and terms, buying, developing and executing new products, concepts, shows and ideas that will drive growth and sales productivity across multiple platforms. The Director role is based out of HSN’s corporate HQ in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify new and current market trends and take action accordingly.
- Strategically lead the success of the category and brands through developing and driving a long-range business plan that meets or exceeds the company’s financial goals.
- Build and maintain vendor education and communication direction and tools to support a productive vendor community relationship.
- Strengthen existing vendor alliances through strategic planning sessions.
- Accountable for vendor contract process from internal legal coordination through executed contract.
- Annually develop long-term merchandising strategies and help the Culinary Division prioritize annual initiatives to support these strategies and increase earnings.
- Develop sound business plans and be accountable for sales, productivity, and inventory management.
- Motivate, coach and inspire all functional teams to drive for results. Act as a positive and solution-oriented role model. Create and maintain a learning environment where the development of team members is a priority. Lead change to move the organization forward.
- Strong thought leader and partner to other members of the senior leadership team.
- Motivate and inspire team members to work collaboratively and leverage company values to guide our approach and efforts, with heavy emphasis on ethics and integrity.
- Approximately 25% travel mostly domestic; international travel once/year.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum 8 years’ experience in a retail environment, preferably leading a Buying team. Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing/leading others.
- Ability to lead, direct and develop others.
- Ability to work with leaders and at various levels across brands.
- Product development experience strongly preferred.
- Focus on learning and growing skills of self and others.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make decisions to achieve desired results. Ability to identify and respond to business opportunities and threats quickly.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex business environment.
- Ability to work with budgets and effectively forecast business. Strong business acumen.
- Superior negotiation and persuasion skills.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.