Digital AnalystJob ID R39278 Date posted 10/07/2019
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Platform Analytics team at QxH that supports both the QVC and HSN brands across all platforms, including television, digital and emerging platforms.
The Business Analyst - Platform Analytics will support efforts to drive viewership and overall engagement for QxH. In this role, you will collaborate closely with both the QVC and HSN business, providing comprehensive analysis in both traditional and non-traditional viewership for internal and external networks. You will be responsible for analyzing our current TV strategies in partnership with the programming, production, emerging platform, and e-commerce teams. The Business Analyst will also assist in analyzing the results of highly visible marketing initiatives, providing segmentation and targeting recommendations, as well as providing analysis into our digital platforms.
Job Description Details
The Business Analyst - Platform Analytics will be passionate about the QxH customer, viewer, and the TV landscape. You will help drive viewership growth by identifying programming opportunities across our 5 networks and multiple platforms through data and analytics. You should love digging into data and marry internal and external data sources together to identify actionable insights. You should also be comfortable communicating insights across all levels of the organization. The Platform Analyst is in tune with the overall TV and digital landscape, and is always looking for ways to drive engagement regardless of platform. Day to day activities focus on utilizing multiple data systems and sources to develop insights for areas across the entire business.
Day in the Life
- You will develop insights and analysis to support the marketing, ecommerce, production and planning teams
- Understand customer behavior across digital platforms to identify KPI’s and trends in metrics like sessions, conversion, etc.
- Develop weekly/monthly/etc. reporting for KPI’s to alert all levels of the organization to any shifts in trend
- Analyze total viewership across 5 traditional TV channels and various platforms to help identify opportunities
- Coordinate and execute ad-hoc projects that help our programming and production teams create and schedule compelling programming to drive viewership
- Work in partnership with the programming team to help advice on both complementary and counter programming strategies
- Identify external trends/shifts and recommend data-driven responses to the always changing TV landscape
- Develop new ways of analyzing viewership data
- Leverage both viewership and sales data to provide a holistic view into the on-air business
- Present findings in a clear and concise format leveraging data visualization and presentation skills to simplify complex analysis
- Identify on-air business trends and provide recommendations to fuel data-driven responses
- Bachelor’s degree in math/stats/engineering or related
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics (digital, marketing, business or viewership)
- Experience with analysis tools including Excel VBA, R, SPSS, Python, R, and SAS
- Understanding of database capabilities and experience of integrating, structuring and analyzing large amounts of data from diverse sources. Demonstrates expertise with SQL, Tableau, & BigQuery
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools (Coremetrics, Google Trends, Hitwise, and Similar Web), data visualization tools (Tableau), statistical computing tools (R, SPSS), query and database access tools (MicroStrategy), digital analytics, TV analytics, industry trends and best practices.
- Capabilities in modeling, extracting, and manipulating large data sets
- Possesses a fundamental understanding of incrementality
- Ability to manage team priorities, work cooperatively, influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a very fast paced environment
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Independently initiates and performs simple numerical quality control
- Intuitively knows what metrics are critical to understanding the landscape of any problem
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to arrive at data driven conclusions and express them intuitively
- Able to frame complicated questions and work with large data sets to distill clear and actionable findings
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of marketing technologies such as attribution, bid management, ad servers, tag management, etc. is a plus
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.