Dangerous Goods Program ManagerJob ID 0819182 Date posted 11/21/2018
Develop, implement and manage a scalable dangerous goods program strategically aligned with global polices and processes, as well as domestic and international regulatory requirements for HSN.
The Program Manager works with teams within the HSN organization and with other brand partners (QVC, zulily and Cornerstone Brands) to define program strategy, requirements, and manage projects to completion.
- Manage the operational execution of the program, coordinating internal resources, leading cross functional teams and ensuring program stakeholders are fulfilling their responsibilities by meeting program requirements
- Work with internal business owners across the organization (merchandising, technology teams, vendor operations, transportation, legal, and fulfillment centers) to define strategy, requirements, and timelines for policies, processes and projects
- Ensure program delivers results on time while adhering to budget constraints; communicate status with department leadership on a regular basis
- Ability to develop and deliver effective and persuasive presentations or written communications
- Implement risk-based processes to support measurable and sustainable quality improvements
- Facilitate and manage compliant dangerous goods training program for internal stakeholders
- Identify and translate business needs and requirements into defined program roadmaps, strategies, and processes
- Routinely assess the scalability of the program and iterate innovatively
- Drive the definition of technical system enhancements and the prioritization of related projects
- Keep up to date with legislative changes and industry best practice and assess any potential impact to the business
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to track compliance
- Document and review processes to determine effectiveness and efficiency opportunities
- Monitor and validate dangerous goods training policies and processes
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- 3-5 years proven experience managing a dangerous goods program and/or projects
experience in understanding and applying dangerous goods regulations – HMR,
IATA, TDG, USPS Pub 52
- Must have a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Must have a strong technical aptitude with an ability to understand program technical requirements
- Can identify problems quickly and formulate analysis to create solutions
- Understand broader effect of program changes and can adjust strategies accordingly
- Must be analytical and possess the ability to interpret and translate data of varying complexity
- Must possess strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated experience presenting information to executive leadership
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously
- Advanced Excel skills required; SQL preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related discipline
- Dangerous Goods Certification - current or ability to obtain
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.