Culinary StylistJob ID R36962 Date posted 05/31/2019
HSN is looking for a Culinary Stylist that is energetic, dependable, creative and has a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced production environment. The Culinary Stylist is responsible for preparing and styling products for the culinary programming at HSN.
Job Description Details
The Culinary Stylist will focus on getting product and food ready for the HSN live broadcast ensuring items are visually appealing and functional.Traffic presentations/ tables on and off set during the live broadcast.In this role, you will work on a team and interact with vendors, on-air guests, and Broadcast Production staff.A successful candidate has a willingness to learn and ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
Day in the Life
- Style demos for on air presentation, following demo guidelines established by manager and supervisor
- Set up and style tables showcasing the product we are selling
- Manage product consignment, which includes unpacking, packing, sorting, verifying quantity, and quality.
- Collaborate with the HSN showroom to ensure a timely delivery of the items needed for on air
- Prepare for shows by: verifying studio space, setting up tables, ensuring demos are in working order
- Ensure proper, timely return of all product to HSN Showroom, and understand the process
- Perform daily kitchen-related duties including:cooking, cleaning, shopping, food storage, food prep, food styling, and other related duties as assigned
- Keep departmental props and supplies in good condition and store them properly
- Culinary training in either a school or professional setting
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs without assistance
- Standing for 75% of shift (or more)
- Wearing headset (with Live Show audio) for up to 4 hours consecutively
- Must be able to work various shifts in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and overnights
“Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- 3 years food industry experience
- Food prep for retail or entertainment industries
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sense of style and/or creative eye for design
- Strong desire to develop visual skills
- Excellent time-management skills and able to work under tight deadlines
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.