Culinary StylistJob ID 0819196 Date posted 11/21/2018
The Culinary Stylist will focus on getting items and food ready for the HSN live broadcast, with an emphasis on product trafficking, studio needs, and standard kitchen duties. You are responsible for preparing and executing culinary programming on HSN, while demonstrating expertise on product and food styling.
Day in the Life
- Ensure all culinary related items/demos prepped for broadcast are visually appealing, accurate and in working order.
- Style demos for on air presentation, following demo guidelines established by manager and supervisor
- Set up and style tables showcasing the product we are selling
- Manage product consignment which includes unpacking, packing, sorting, verifying quantity, and quality.
- Collaborate with the HSN showroom to ensure a timely delivery of the items needed for on air
- Prepare for shows by: verifying studio space, setting up tables, ensuring demos are in working order
- Traffic demo tables on and off set during the live broadcast, and manage their power needs, while maintaining clear communication with all production teams
- Ensure proper, timely return of all product to HSN Showroom, and understand the process
- Traffic food from external vendors, unpack and store them properly.
- Keep the HSN Prep Kitchen clean and organized
- Perform daily kitchen-related duties including: cooking, cleaning, shopping, food storage, food prep, food styling, and other related duties as assigned
- Keep departmental props and supplies in good condition and store them properly
- Collaborate with a number of internal HSN Teams and interact with high profile celebrity chefs and teams
Keys to Success
- At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- HS degree or equivalent
- 3 years of culinary training in either a school or professional setting
- Visual styling skills and creative eye for culinary presentations
- Valid driver's license to run errands as necessary for supplies and props
- The team is on a rotating schedule, must be comfortable and able to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Must be able to work various shifts in a 24/7 enviroment, including weekends and overnights.
- Must have the flexibility to work a schedule that is influenced by the programming grid and may not be fixed.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced enviroment
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently on projects and daily assignments
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Experience with Micosoft word, excel and outlook
- Must be able to lift, carry, move up to 25lbs without assistance
- Ability to bend kneel, twist, and squat
- Standing for 75% of shift (or more)
- Wearing headset (with Live Show audio) for up to 4 hours consecutively
- Culinary degree
- Desire to continue education to keep up with current food trends
- Food prep for retail or entertainment industries
- Sense of style and/or creative eye for design
- Strong desire to develop visual skills
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.