Coordinator Inbound Logistics - TemporaryJob ID R38748 Date posted 08/10/2019
Job Description Details
Job Summary and Responsibilities
To facilitate and manage daily inventory flow and available for sale positioning for HSN.
- Work with HSN Merchandising Teams to ensure the timely review of all purchase orders to ensure adequate ship date parameters, prior to submitting final approved purchase order to the Vendor.
- Negotiate deviations in freight terms. Assist Merchants in negotiation of additional freight charges that exceed normal HSN freight cost parameters.
- Work with HSN corporate buying partners as necessary regarding vendor issues and shipping exceptions for both the Import and Domestic Models.
- Work with Vendor community to ensure proper shipping and routing of each purchase order. Coordinate movement of HSN freight with 3rd party freight providers to ensure prompt delivery.
- Calculate Estimated and actual landed costs on Imports as well as proper filing of documents and related paperwork. Maintain and manage Business to Business web based application, as well as Import tracking websites to ensure daily functionality and continued flow of goods/information between 3rd party freight provider and Vendor community.
- Coordinate with fulfillment staff to ensure timely delivery and inventory processing of HSN merchandise.
- Work with Vendor Compliance team to communicate deviations from standard operating procedures and to help educate Vendor community of HSN standards of operation.
- Communicate inventory related issues to HSN Buying staff as alerted by Customer Service, 3rd party rework facility and/or HSN Fulfillment Centers and help facilitate resolution of issue presented.
- Facilitate and manage daily status reports to HSN Fulfillment, Operations management and Merchant Partners.
- Manage and maintain timely closure of open purchase order receipts to ensure expedient payment of Vendor invoices.
- Coordinate, facilitate and distribute TS and special event inventory management tool to ensure smooth operations for HSN planned programming events.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Communicate effectively, professionally & diplomatically, both orally and written, with all levels of personnel (internal and external).
- Work in a fast paced dynamic environment and remain composed in a demanding, deadline specific atmosphere. Trouble-shoot and resolve various issues without constant supervision.
- Focus on details, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- PC Skills: Basic PC operation knowledge as well as knowledge of the following programs;
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Access)
- Internet knowledge
- Basic understanding of retail business (direct to consumer preferred)
- Basic business math
- Basic business writing
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer for extended periods of time.
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- Transportation knowledge/experience (2-5 years preferred)
- Fulfillment, Customer Service and Merchandising experience preferred
- Experience with direct sourcing/importing, US Customs Rules and Regulations and Homeland Security Rules and Regulations.
- HSN Internal systems experience preferred (RETEK, WMS, CLIC)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.