Content StylistJob ID R41838 Date posted 12/20/2019
The Content Stylist oversees the styling of outfits and accessories for models and talent in studio and on location. Preps clothes as needed and flags any concerns. Collaborate with Photographer, Traffic and Studio Manager to ensure consistent and timely execution. Responsible for attending pre-pro and production meetings and planning ahead to meet timelines and expectations. Manages Assistant Stylist and On-call Stylist team, including scheduling of additional help as business needs arise.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
- Style and coordinate outfits for photo shoots (both PD and Creative)
- Select props and accessories from HSN Brands and prepare them for shoots.
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends, styles, and designs; stay current on contemporary styles
- Prep clothing as needed, such as ironing, steaming etc.
- Attends pre-production meetings as needed
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work
- Collaborates with Photographer and Art Directors on best practices
- Develops professional, constructive, and cooperative working relationships with studio team and talent
- Manages inventory and consigns products (accessories and clothing) according to show needs
- Communicates effectively and clearly with models
- Maintain a neat and organized wardrobe area
- Completes assigned requisitions – receiving & returns
- Learns and understands the HSN Brand Standards and Guidelines
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
- 2-3 years of fashion retail or visual retail experience
- Experience in runway coordination, visual merchandising or fashion styling
- Flexible, organized, efficient, adaptable and detail oriented
- Have a sense of fashion style and an ability to develop “looks” compatible with the HSN shopper
- Basic wardrobe and styling skills
- Must have the ability to adapt creative styling to fit HSN business needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Power Point, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Must be able to comprehend, read, and understand instructions both written and oral
- Advanced understanding and working field knowledge
- Detail oriented person with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Works either individually or as part of a team.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.