Category ProducerJob ID R819456 Date posted 03/01/2019
HSN is looking for a talented Category Producer to lead category vision and strategy in partnership with our live production and business teams. Reporting to the Director, Category Production, the Category Producer is responsible for creating engaged reach via Live/Alive story telling. The Category Producer is responsible for developing and communicating the on-air strategy in regards to key messages, key features, key stories, and best practices for an assigned category. This includes developing the strategy for TSs, category specific events and brands to drive the on-air business to meet HSN’s stickiness and sales plan. Lead the Category Production Associates, Trainees and Interns through training and development to ensure they are maintaining a cohesive strategy for products and categories. Responsible for internal communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams and external communication with vendors and guests. Partner with People Team to attract, hire, and develop talent to build a strong organization.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Drive on air stickiness and sales goals by leveraging previously successful best practices, techniques, identifying innovative and new methods and plans which result in achieving the stickiness strategy for the category
- Analyze trends/data/information and influence the improvement of stickiness for a show, category or item, using viewership reporting, Customer Focus Groups and other sources.
- Strategy for story telling via support assets: Lifestyle VT, Animation, PFC, graphics to support on-air presentations.
- Collaborate and align with the Studio Production team, CIBI, eCommerce, Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Creative, Talent, Legal, Programming, Social platforms and externally with vendors and guests to meet HSN’s business goals
- Ensure cohesive and consistent on-air strategy with Studio Production and Talent Teams
- Communicate TV Production protocol, standards and guidelines to vendor and guest community
- Inspires team members to continually improve performance and development. Uses influence to achieve productive balance of positive and opportunistic feedback
- Recognize, reinforce, and reward contributions. Communicate performance goals, opportunities and standards so that staff understands expectations. Coach and develop staff for current and future responsibilities
- 6 years experience in broadcasting, multichannel retailing, or merchandising environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising/marketing/online/broadcasting/ communication/sales or equivalent business experience
- Experience in a leadership role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage and lead large scale projects across multiple lines of the business
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multidiscipline environment
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Exhibit customer focus, good time management skills, a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Experience with Tableau, Viewership data footprints, Broadcast Notes, SPT, Lotus Notes
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.