Campaign Management Manager ( Unica )Job ID R36221 Date posted 04/29/2019
Job Description Details
The customer touch-points in today’s retail landscape are many and varied. A company can easily abuse their customers by not understanding the nature of the customer file, the contact strategy and the preferences of the customer. Therefore, it is imperative to have good CRM (customer relationship management) which governs the customer approach.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Campaign Management Campaign Management Manager will be responsible for design, development, execution and analysis of marketable customer segments, offers & campaigns across various touch points. This includes inbound communications such as phone, website and mobile. It also includes outbound communications such as email, package insert and direct mail. The Manager, Campaign Management will work with multiple lifecycle marketing teams to understand marketing strategic roadmap, customer growth goals and campaign requirements. The Manager, Campaign Management will be responsible for execution of all assigned marketing operational tasks on time and with 100% accuracy.
The Manager Campaign Management will work closely with the Customer Development team, the Performance Marketing team, the Payments team and eComm team in planning segment strategies, assessing results and providing informed recommendations to key stakeholders.
The Manager Campaign Management will work very closely with the IT team and the Interactive team to help optimize the UNICA Campaign Management system. This position is one of the business SME and Power-users for UNICA. It will work closely with the Senior Manager on the list of projects and priorities from the business. The position will also work very closely with Analytics in determining customer modeling as well as audience development in marketing.
Day in the Life
- SME: Personalization and self-learning campaigns.
- Helps develop campaign management strategies that are aligned with business objectives, support revenue generation, grow the file, meet timelines and do not abuse customer contact principles.
- Helps to ensure appropriate strategies are devised in support of: business objectives, customer segments/audiences, addressable marketing channels, calendar planning and coordination, creative materials supporting events/promotions, etc.
- Participates in the design, facilitation, and implementation of strategic direction for the department. Ensures adherence to defined procedures so that the effectiveness and quality of campaigns are maintained.
- Management responsibility for processing lead files to the inbound and outbound Marketing teams for the execution of customer segmentation and contact strategy activities essential for marketing campaigns and the attainment of associated sales plans; Ensure attainment of the list quality, quantity and timeliness assumptions inherent in the sales plans on a daily basis, through the utilization of increasingly sophisticated targeting/list generation methodologies within an adaptive learning environment designed to ensure continuous process improvements
- This role is the primary role for all campaign QA (quality assurance) and audit.
- Review and Understand lifecycle campaign requirements submitted through UNICA marketing operation (UMO) system. Meet with Lifecycle marketing teams and make sure all the requirements are clear and accurate in UMO.
- Pre-Campaign analysis of all assigned campaigns which includes development of target customer segments, QA of all the database tables and logic and share results with lifecycle teams
- Design, Development & Execution of marketing campaigns using UNICA Campaign & Interact systems
- Resolve any post deployments issues
- Works closely with the Campaign Developer and Technical Analyst in the design and creation of campaigns and ensures the capabilities and knowledge of the staff meet the needs and demands of the business through effective hiring, development, mentoring, and training.
- Delivers lists to any third party in conjunction with campaign execution, primarily ESP (email service providers) and printers for direct mail.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and enhancements of the database marketing platform by partnering with internal teams and selected best-in-class vendors. Provide extensive company-wide leadership behind the ongoing enhancement of such platforms as well as how they can positively impact both current and future sales plans; Act as the advocate for the increased utilization of database marketing principals and platforms (i.e. adoption of a data-driven marketing culture)
- Help apply CRM techniques and best practices to the newly developed channels that are now part of the customer contact landscape:
- Audience creation in Facebook and Google
- Facebook Messenger
- Push Messenger
- Works with the Analytic team to create customer segmentation models across hundreds of customer, behavioral and product based attributes in order to develop lists and audiences that will perform in the most efficient manner with the highest level of return.
- Leverages predictive analytics to inform strategies and drive positive impacts in support of the business.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends in marketing, customer experience management, technology, measurement, and analytics; evangelizes and drives insight into action across the enterprise.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the effectiveness of all campaigns, qualitatively and quantitatively, on areas such as: campaign requests; planned campaigns; actual versus goal target for each campaign type; customer response rates; quality of leads and/or prospect lists; effectiveness of campaigns by channel, progress against budget and/or business goals, etc.
- Test campaign based and universal holdout groups on segmentations to ensure tactics are providing incremental benefits.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to drive necessary process or program improvements (e.g., contact rules, testing, creative content, timing, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master of Science degree preferred.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in Marketing, CRM or Campaign Management functions with demonstrated success in people management; implementation of consumer-oriented strategies; understanding and application of analytics to drive business improvements
- SQL and other data bases like Oracle, Netezza, etc. experience strongly preferred
- Clear understanding and experience of online marketing, specifically within the disciplines of digital, mobile, and social media are preferred; demonstrated track record of planning and coordinating successful marketing activities through all direct B2C channels is required.
- Experience working with enterprise-wide Campaign Management tool(s) is required, preferably with Unica/SAS & UMO. Email campaign management tool experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical, communication, and project planning skills are required.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization in support of enterprise-wide and customer-centric strategies in omni-channel environment is required.
- Other highly desired knowledge, experience, and skills include working in B2C environment; understanding of unique needs of digital, mobile and social customers; effective campaign management practices; understanding of customer acquisition methods; A/B testing strategies, etc.
- Collaboration. Demonstrated ability to work with customer development team and other revenue driving teams when their KPI’s may be in conflict with CRM KPI’s developed to protect the customer file.
- Statistical Analysis
- CRM tools
- Customer segmentation and audience modeling
- Analytics and campaign results interpretation
- Ability to manage multi-matrix customer contact channels
- SQL coding capability.
- Knowledge of program testing, tracking, profiling, targeting, metrics and analysis
- Understanding of ETL processes and the “pushing and pulling” of data across various environments
- Well versed in multi-channel marketing strategies, including email, direct mail, direct display, web site and customer service channels
- Industry knowledge. Must be innovative and up to date with the latest priorities within HSN as well as the latest trends in CRM.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.