CAD EngineerJob ID R44238 Date posted 05/16/2020
Do you have excellent CAD skills in regards to mechanical, electrical, line drawings, schematics type designs? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as CAD Engineer on HSN’s Broadcast Operations team!
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
In this role, you will maintain departmental design and documentation standards, develop system designs, create installation packets and maintain engineering documentation. You will also work with the Broadcast Engineering Team and outside parties to develop installation packets and to maintain and update our current documentation.
- Maintain system flow diagrams, rack layouts, and cable runs lists
- Maintain video, audio, and network single line designs with minimal supervision
- Maintain standards for all system documentation
- Maintain a current database for all engineering AutoCAD & VidCad drawings
- Assist Project Engineer with install packages, weekly reporting, and decommission planning.
- Work with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Broadcast Engineers to develop new system designs
- Ensure that all documentation created by department personnel meets department standards for accuracy and completeness
- Provide weekly communication updates for project meetings
- Create drawings concerning custom cables, panels, brackets, inter-connect boxes, furniture, consoles, and labels
- 5 years of AutoCAD experience (current software release) including mechanical, electrical, circuit and architectural design
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in computer aided design
- Advance experience with a variety of software packages, especially word processor, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Basic knowledge of computers as well as MS Office software and Visio
Intermediate technical knowledge of broadcast systems and state-of-the art broadcast equipment.
- Ability to identify basic broadcasting equipment
- Attention to detail is critical in documenting transactions, maintaining accurate inventory and tracking equipment shipments
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Network, Audio, Video design skill
- VidCAD knowledge and familiarity is preferred
- Experience using Zeus software
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.