Buying/Merchandising Internship - Summer 2019Job ID 0819350 Date posted 01/18/2019
Are you looking to make the most of your college career? Do you have an interest for a career in Merchandising? Do you excel in a fast-paced environment?
HSN’s Merchandising department is currently recruiting for our very competitive Buying/Merchandising Summer internship program. We are looking for top talent with the passion to drive the business.
HSN, a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, is looking for Buying Interns with a passion for product to intern in our various Buying departments from May 28th – August 9th. This program is a great opportunity for anyone that is dedicated at growing their Merchandising career in our business.
- Track and process Buyer’s samples received from vendors.
- Responsible for item creation, maintenance, monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and warehouse processing.
- Partner to issue and expedite timely purchase orders (PO’s).
- Work with Internal Departments to ensure products are ready for their “air date”.
- Guest Scheduling and communication.
- Communicate with other departments to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of product lifecycle activities.
- Responsible for vendor communication and education, which includes communicating QA comments.
- Answer all vendor calls in timely basis.
- Responsible for daily office functions (e.g., filling, faxing, copying).
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week for an 11-week program
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university (Must be a current student)
- Completed at least four (4) semesters of college from the following majors: Merchandising, Retail Management, Business, Marketing, Economics
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Experience in Retail is strongly preferred.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.