Buying/Merchandising Internship - Spring 2019Job ID 0818826 Date posted 08/30/2018
Are you looking to make the most of your college career? Do you have an interest in a career in Merchandising? Do you excel in a fast-paced environment?
If so, HSN is the place for you!!
HSN’s Merchandising department is currently recruiting for our very competitive Spring internship program. We are looking for top talent with the passion to drive the business.
HSN, a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, is looking for Buying Interns with passion for product to intern in our various Buying departments from January 7th through April 26th. This program is a great opportunity for anyone that is dedicated at growing their Merchandising career in our business.
A Day in the Life
- Track and process Buyer’s samples received from vendors.
- Responsible for item creation, maintenance, monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and warehouse processing.
- Partner to issue and expedite timely purchase orders (PO’s).
- Work with Internal Departments to ensure products are ready for their “air date”.
- Guest Scheduling and communication.
- Communicate with other departments to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of product lifecycle activities.
- Responsible for vendor communication and education, which includes communicating QA comments.
- Answer all vendor calls in timely basis.
- Responsible for daily office functions (e.g., filling, faxing, copying).
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Enrolled at an accredited college or university (Must be a current student).
- Completed at least four (4) semesters of college from the following majors: Merchandising, Retail Management, Business, Marketing, Economics.
- Experience in Retail is strongly preferred.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN: HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements. The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.