Broadcast Systems Engineer IJob ID 0819128 Date posted 11/08/2018
HSN has been connecting with consumers through its TV shopping platform since inception. Our TV Live Show and Content teams are responsible for providing all the information and producing the experiences that allow our customers to hear and see our programming live 24/7, 364 days a year.
The Broadcast Systems Engineer provides technical support for all television broadcast systems required to support HSN’s live 24/7 broadcast. Some IT skills are required with understanding of computer networks and storage as they relate to broadcasting. Must possess basic technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues including user errors. Must function well as part of team and demonstrate a strong desire to continually increase technical and operational knowledge of all equipment and systems used.
- Provide technical and customer support for HSN’s broadcast facility
- Accepts new assignments and technological challenges as required by an ever changing dynamic broadcasting environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting and repair of all broadcast related equipment including but not limited to cameras and camera robotic systems, switchers, routers, broadcast related computer and graphics systems, wireless communications gear such as mics and IFBs
- Work with users of the equipment to ensure operational knowledge and correct performance of equipment as required
- Diagnose system issues and either repair or replace affected system
- Documenting of all reported equipment issues and work performed during assigned shift
- Ability to terminate industry standard cables such as BNC and RJ45
- Support all typical broadcast setups such as cabling branding monitors and relocation of cameras and SMPTE cables
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 2 years experience in the television broadcast industry in an engineering or EIT role
- Must possess the ability to explain technical issues clearly and patiently to all levels of technical users
- Must have excellent customer service skills to best service other department’s needs
- Must demonstrate situational flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to promptly transition among and between job assignments, projects, and functions
- Ability to take direction from others and have a desire to learn
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- College, trade school or equivalent military training a plus
- Ability to work with various personalities
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Detail oriented and has good follow up skills
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.