Broadcast Business Analyst (Finance / Accounting)Job ID R819239 Date posted 03/01/2019
Under the direction of the Senior Business Analyst, the Business Analyst will support the teams with tracking and reporting budgetary and financial performance, coordinating and implementing projects, identifying financial and process opportunities and make recommendations, and preparing and presenting budget presentations. Act as liaison for all of Commerce Platform departments in partnership with Finance, Accounts Payable, Tax, Legal, Procurement and Payroll & global departments.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Establish and maintain financial procedures, job aids and resources, enforcing time frames and approval processes. Educate and train team members on financial producers and systems
- Maintain electronic financial systems with all relevant information to sort and graph individual expense categories by department; distribute the information to appropriate parties and review information with stakeholders
- Deliver completed fiscal year operating budgets for Commerce Platform departments
- Support global markets financial processes and systems
- Identify current, as well as, projected financial variances and determine cause of variance; recommend possible cost-cutting strategies and solutions
- Drafting and managing contracts/letters of agreement and ensuring debits are recorded; inputting all Purchase Order requests
- Complete special projects and ad hoc reporting when needed
- 3 years of experience in financial, accounting or related field exhibiting strong financial, math and analysis skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Strong working knowledge with Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- Broad understanding of business analysis tool and techniques such as a gap analysis, P&L
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- Experience in a large corporate setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are necessary
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a deadline drive environment
Broadcast Business Analyst (Finance / Accounting)
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.