Under the direction of the Senior Business Analyst, the Business Analyst will support the teams with tracking and reporting budgetary and financial performance, coordinating and implementing projects, identifying financial and process opportunities and make recommendations, and preparing and presenting budget presentations. Act as liaison for all of Commerce Platform departments in partnership with Finance, Accounts Payable, Tax, Legal, Procurement and Payroll & global departments.
A Day in the Life
- Establish and maintain financial procedures, job aids and resources, enforcing time frames and approval processes. Educate and train team members on financial producers and systems
- Maintain electronic financial systems with all relevant information to sort and graph individual expense categories by department; distribute the information to appropriate parties and review information with stakeholders
- Deliver completed fiscal year operating budgets for Commerce Platform departments
- Support global markets financial processes and systems
- Identify current, as well as, projected financial variances and determine cause of variance; recommend possible cost-cutting strategies and solutions
- Drafting and managing contracts/letters of agreement and ensuring debits are recorded; inputting all Purchase Order requests
- Complete special projects and ad hoc reporting when needed
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 3 years of experience in financial, accounting or related field exhibiting strong financial, math and analysis skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Strong working knowledge with Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- Broad understanding of business analysis tool and techniques such as a gap analysis, P&L
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- Experience in a large corporate setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are necessary
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a deadline drive environment
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.