Associate Scenic StylistJob ID R43996 Date posted 03/21/2020
The Associate Scenic Stylist will maintain, organize and assist in the overall execution of the creative styling for assigned shows under the supervision of the Manager Scenic Styling and guidance of the Senior Scenic Stylists. This role is responsible to perform a variety of duties associated with the planning, pre-production, and execution of scenic requirements in support of HSN’s live television broadcast and related projects. This is an entry level position supporting TV Creative Styling. Individuals in this position have the authority and responsibility to operate in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
- Procure, prepare and arrange props and decorative elements on HSN’s live, on-air sets based on the scenic styling plan and upon request of their Television Production partners.
- Assist Scenic Stylists and Sr Scenic Stylist with dressing, and/or striking sets for the live show and events. (EX: Arrange and style product in order to highlight the product’s key features while on set or in a shoot through or bump shot.)
- Preserves the brand of the set environment so that it remains airworthy at all times. (i.e. repositioning, dusting, replacing defective items, etc.)
- Consign requested merchandise items from the Showroom as needed.
- Striking sets - This includes but is not limited to, ensuring proper repacking and return of all set elements, re-shelving of props and scenic elements to the appropriate storage areas.
- Restore sets to their original general condition upon completion of specialty styled programs.
- Track and organize the decorative props inventory: clean and maintain prop areas, staging areas and supply cabinet. Locate missing props and return to prop areas.
- Prepare products, pre-pull props, and prepare sets visually and mechanically for presentation.
- Maintain the resource library for the department to include documenting and cataloging pictures of sets. (i.e. adding new product information and/or updating existing items)
- Develop basic styling techniques for sets by executing smaller projects and while supporting Set Stylists and Sr Scenic Stylist on larger projects and shows/events.
- Seeks learning opportunities within the team to strengthen skills.
- Sources and Shops off campus for items to be used on the sets.
- 1 year of experience in design related field such as Retail, Television or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Interior Design, Broadcasting, or a related art field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Schedule varies and must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Intermediate skill level and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of basic design principles
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry up to 35lbs, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs/ladders and differentiate between colors
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Willingly assists others when asked
- Detail-oriented and flexible and open to suggestions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works either individually or as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.