Associate Scenic Stylist (Prop Stylist, Set Dresser, Interior Design)Job ID 0819148 Date posted 11/16/2018
HSN has been connecting with consumers through its TV shopping platform since inception. Our TV Live Show and Content teams are responsible for providing all the information and producing the experiences that allow our customers to hear and see our programming live 24/7, 364 days a year.
The Associate Scenic Stylist will maintain, organize and assist in the overall execution of the creative styling for assigned shows under the general supervision of the Manager Scenic Stylists and guidance of the Scenic Stylists, Lead Stylists and Art Directors. This role is responsible to perform a variety of duties associated with the planning, pre-production, and execution of scenic requirements in support of HSN’s live television broadcast and related projects. This is an entry level position supporting TV Creative Styling. Individuals in this position have the authority and responsibility to operate in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Procure, prep and arrange scenic elements on HSN’s live, on-air sets based on the scenic styling plan and upon request of their Television Production partners
- Assist Scenic Stylists with dressing, and/or striking sets for the live show and events. (EX: Arrange and style product in order to highlight the product’s key features while on set or in a shoot through or bump shot.)
- Preserves the brand of the set environment so that it remains airworthy at all times (i.e. repositioning, dusting, replacing defective items, etc.)
- Consign requested merchandise items from the Showroom as needed
- Striking sets - This includes but is not limited to, ensuring proper repacking and return of all set elements, re-shelving of props and scenic elements to the appropriate storage areas
- Restore sets to their original, storefront condition upon completion of specialty styled programs
- Track and organize the decorative props inventory: clean and maintain prop areas, staging areas and supply cabinet. Locate missing props and return to prop areas
- Prepare products, pre-pull props, and prepare sets visually and mechanically for presentation.
- Maintain the resource library for the department to include documenting and cataloging pictures of sets. (i.e. adding new product information and/or updating existing items)
- Develop basic styling techniques for set designing by executing smaller projects (i.e. Electronics shows) and while supporting Set Stylists on larger projects and shows/event.
- Seeks learning opportunities within the team to strengthen skills such as learning how to create presentations and/or storyboards
- Shops off campus for items to be used on the sets
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 1 year of experience in design related field such as Retail, Television or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Interior Design, Broadcasting, or a related art field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Schedule varies and must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Intermediate skill level and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of basic design principles
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry up to 35lbs, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs/ladders and differentiate between colors
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Willingly assists others when asked
- Detail-oriented and flexible and open to suggestions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Works either individually or as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.