Associate Props Master (Part-time)Job ID R40845 Date posted 10/17/2019
HSN is looking for energetic and dependable individual to join our creative styling team as an Associate Property Master. In this role, you will help with coordinating and transporting prop elements and furniture for the HSN broadcast. You will work closely with stylists and broadcast teams to prep (or strike) props needed for shows. A successful candidate will be interested in an entry-level position and is eager to learn and grow.
Job Description Details
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however, you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the Life
- Clearly communicates and executes daily props logistics, location placement and delivery deadlines, adhering to timely and efficient delivery and placement of furniture and related items to be used for set styling
- Transports Furniture, props and related visual elements between broadcasting site and offsite storage location as needed to support productions while establishing and cultivating working partnerships with the stylists
- Assists Property Master as needed providing daily information regarding warehouse prop or item pulls, warehouse space, trafficking, returns and organizational tasks
- Updates the online library for all props, furniture, and/or set elements so that it is current
- Performs routine maintenance, painting, and repair of furniture, prop and visual elements
- Assists Property Master and TV Creative team with overall inventory strategy including monitoring and measuring the overall inventory activity such as tracking, accuracy, cycle counting, purge, shrink and storage capacity constraints
- Effectively communicates and builds relationships with all levels across all related business units
- 1 year prop house, retail delivery service, carpentry, scenery, painting, and moving or warehouse experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note and Outlook)
- Ability to lift boxes, props, product and/or equipment up to 50lbs
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a 24’ box truck
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Basic knowledge of studio equipment including production materials, furniture, props, visual assets, sets, cameras and lighting equipment
- Willingness to be trained to operate a sit down counterbalanced lift truck
- Must be able to comprehend, read, learn, and understand instruction both written and oral
- Must be detail oriented and resourceful
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities across multiple departments.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.