Associate Production Artisan (Scenic / Carpentry)Job ID R819494 Date posted 03/22/2019
Do you have an interest in set design, construction and TV broadcast? HSN’s Scenic department has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Production Artisan where you will be a part of the studio team that constructs and produces sets, environments, and fixtures to support the presentation for on-air broadcasts.
Job Description Details
A Day in the Life
- Work with a team to assemble/build, store, load-in, strike and maintain scenery used for the live broadcast.
- Transport sets and props between broadcasting site and offsite storage location
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of sets, props, tools, and storage areas (i.e. check fluid levels on lifts) daily.
- Maintain the integrity of all set designs by ensuring the set is consistent with each airing and visually ready.
- Helps to ensure proper installation of constructed scenery.
- Works safely and encourages coworkers to do the same.
- 1 year carpentry experience working with various power tools, or equivalent scenery experience required
- Some working knowledge of professional power tools used in a carpentry setting (i.e. table saw, sliding compound miter saw, screw gun/drill, router, pneumatic stapler/nailer, electric or pneumatic sander)
- Basic knowledge of Word, Outlook
- Basic knowledge of blueprints
- Ability to drive 24’ box truck with a manual or standard transmission
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Physical Requirements:
- Lifting, pulling and pushing items over 50 lbs
- Climbing ladders.
- Packaging/ un-packaging items
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Use of hands or fingers to handle/ feel objects, tools, or controls
- Reach with arms, balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Willingness to be trained on various equipment
- Intermediate experience working with studio equipment including sets, props, cameras, and lighting equipment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines
- Must be able to work well both individually as well as on a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to comprehend, read, learn, and understand instruction both written and oral
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.