Associate Content ProducerJob ID R42040 Date posted 12/27/2019
Associate Producer will regularly produce, shoot and edit original content and also assist Writer/Producers on projects for HSN’s multiple platforms: TV, Over The Top (OTT), social media, web, mobile and corporate.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
General production management tasks applicable across all platforms:
- Supporting Writer/ Producers in their projects – may include but not limited to- determining goals/ messaging, researching, storyboarding, scripting, pitching, obtaining approvals, legal clearances, booking talent, location scouting, locating existing assets, negotiating budgets, working with stylists, securing/ tracking samples/ props, leading crews, directing talent, planning schedules, logging material, planning edits, organizing post production, briefing GFX teams, seeking sign-off and taking/ acting upon notes/ feedback
- Build relationships with other teams within HSN and Qurate, and with external vendors and suppliers
- Must be able to constantly evolve and adapt as business & distribution platform needs change
- Maintain HSN brand voice/ style
- Support HSN e-commerce platforms including web/ mobile web/ app/ social media/ email: create video content which works at different stages of purchase ‘funnel’- from sales-driven short-form content through to post-purchase informative video
- Social Media-specific content: from GIF-style paid Facebook promotions through to longer-form YouTube series or Facebook Live events/ podcasts (video and/or audio)
- Create video support for TV output: generate focused content to assist in driving sales during live show presentations
- Promotional content for TV: create (and/or reversion) graphic elements that persuade viewers to watch & shop specific brands/ events or deliver on other marketing needs
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in digital video production
- Adept at self-shooting (& lighting) DSLR (& capturing great audio)
- Editing/ GFX via Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop essential
- Experience producing video consumer-facing content for commercial clients
- Hands-on producing experience- know how to tell a story with video
- Experience working in digital video production
- Must be confident shooting & lighting
- Editing background - familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud: especially Premiere & After Effects
- Should also be comfortable producing compelling content from desk- using HSN/ vendor/ stock video/stills & GFX where appropriate to create engaging material from existing assets
- Confident writing- be able to write conversational scripts and condense copy to be clear, concise and compelling
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter & idea generator- able to work within the needs of HSN and keep the needs of the target customer a central focus
- Can pitch, create & own original projects but also collaborate with other team members and support their projects as needed
- Must be able to multi-task and manage their own schedule, frequently overseeing multiple jobs at various stages of production
- Must be a good communicator and able to offer clear vision for projects and collaborate with requesters to help identify and define their needs- and take/ act on their notes where necessary
- Position requires adaptability- knowing what works for multiple platforms- and that content for a campaign on Instagram will look different from that made for YouTube
- Highly creative and innovative.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Must have flexibility to work non-traditional hours as needed to meet deadlines; including nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, carry up to 15lbs
- Valid Driver’s License
Nice to haves
- Short-form video production with specific marketing/ sales goals/ metrics via social media/ e-commerce/ platforms
- Direct to consumer marketing
- Experience with podcasting and/or live content (e.g. Facebook Live) & relevant technology/ equipment
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.