Associate Consumer Insights ResearcherJob ID R42354 Date posted 02/11/2020
Job Description Details
HSN/QVC, a world-class global shopping community and the world’s leading video & eCommerce retailer, is seeking a passionate and motivated individual to join our growing Consumer Insights team.
- Assists with the design and implementation of customer surveys and focus group studies supporting a variety of HSN/QVC business areas, including Merchandising, Marketing, Customer Experience, Programming, Content Production, Talent, and User Experience.
- Supports Consumer Insights analysts in synthesizing primary research data with transactional, behavioral, and demographic data to inform stakeholders of business issues and opportunities.
- Contributes to developing insights and recommendations based on customer feedback.
- Leverages secondary research resources such as Simmons to identify market and customer behavioral trends to drive business decisions.
- Synthesizes primary research data with secondary research to inform key business stakeholders.
- Participates in communicating research results to business stakeholders.
- Supports the development of reporting on key metrics to drive continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of ad-hoc and ongoing reports using Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau.
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights team members and other research and reporting teams on complex projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Market Research, Psychology or related field with a Master’s degree preferred
- Applicable internship or entry-level experience
Critical Skills and Knowledge
- Must have basic knowledge of research-related information, software and analytical systems
- Must have a basic knowledge of statistical techniques and research methodologies
- Must possess strong analytical skills and outstanding problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills—Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and delivering presentations is a strong plus
- Experience using SQL, SAS, and Tableau is a strong plus
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.