Associate Category ProducerJob ID R44855 Date posted 05/19/2020
HSN has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Category Producer. In this role you will work on a team that is responsible for bringing products and brands to life On-Air by creating the most authentic, compelling and educational presentation to ensure the HSN customer stays informed and engaged.
Job Description Details
The Associate Category Producer develops and communicates the TV Production plan in regards to key messages, key features, key stories, and best practices for an assigned category. This includes developing the strategy for TSs, category specific events and brands to drive the on-air platform to meet HSN’s viewership and sales plans. Responsible for internal communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams and external communication with vendors and guests.
Day in the Life
- Drive on-air stickiness and sales goals by leveraging previously successful best practices, techniques, identifying innovative and new methods and plans which result in achieving the stickiness strategy for the category
- Leverage Category Production expertise to initiate the development of the Production Plan for TV Production Team
- Analyze trends/data/information and influence the improvement of stickiness for a show, category or item, using viewership reporting, Customer Focus Groups and other sources
- Maintain knowledge of competition to inspire new marketing techniques
- Considering both Sales & Stickiness, determine the best practices (including demos) for an item to make for a successful presentation
- Strategy for story telling via support assets: Broll, Animation, graphics to support on-air presentations
- Accountable for developing and influencing the strategy for TSs, Category, Item Business, and Category specific events
- Collaborate and align with the Studio Production team, eCommerce, Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Creative, Talent, Legal, Programming, Social platforms and externally with vendors and guests to meet HSN’s business goals
- Seek development opportunities to improve business knowledge and career development
- 3 years experience in a Broadcasting environment, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Television/Marketing or equivalent business experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multidiscipline environment and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication skills; ability to positively influence and develop consensus with teams not in a direct report alignment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite & windows based systems
- Occasionally work nontraditional hours such as weekends and nights
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail, customer focus, good time management skills, a professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Proactive in solving problems, listening, and negotiating
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.