Assistant ProducerJob ID 0819124 Date posted 11/07/2018
HSN has been connecting with consumers through its TV shopping platform since inception. Our TV Live Show and Content teams are responsible for providing all the information and producing the experiences that allow our customers to hear and see our programming live 24/7, 364 days a year...
The Assistant Producers are a huge contributor to the daily successes of the HSN live broadcast by working closely with various TV teams to ensure execution of production needs and live show initiatives.
- Meet with the guests, partners, hosts, and producers to discuss product support and presentation orders
- Coordinate Host and Guest/Partner Meetings
- Work closely with the On-Air Producer to make sure all the show needs are met
- Active participation in all pre-pro meetings. Lead them if necessary if Producer can’t attend
- Follow up with guests and partners after presentations and provide feedback to the appropriate parties
- Support the crew and send out feedback on show notes
- Attend rehearsals, blockings, and production meetings that discuss future shows as assigned
- Support the creative vision of show by assisting with the show rundown
- Assist with cosmetics before and after shoots as assigned
- Support TV teams during events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BA in TV or equivalent experience in related field
- 2 years experience in Television production
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities and work through conflict
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Works well either individually or as part of a team
- Must be able to comprehend, read, learn, and understand both written and oral instruction
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to duration of shift
- Must be able to climb stairs in a timely fashion with reasonable accommodations
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- 3 years experience in Television production
- Must be motivated and a self-starter
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.