Assistant Planner - BeautyJob ID 0819420 Date posted 02/09/2019
Assistant Planners report to the Manager of Merchandise Planning. The Assistant Planner will gain an understanding of maximizing sales and productivity for the product category. The Assistant Planners core responsibilities include: scripting of shows or meta features and managing inventory within on-air or ecommerce promotions, productivity, easy pay and margin to drive sales. Depending on experience level and personal performance, there is ample latitude for independent judgment and decision making. Initiative is encouraged and expected. Work with others to plan and improve the business and maximize sales opportunities within identified operational timeliness.
- Script Shows according to Show Basics standard/scripting guidelines to make or exceed show goals.
- Strategize items to maximize selling exposures. (FP cycles, HP/PP development.)
- TS/TDO cadence /scripting.
- Flex Pay Decision making.
- Analyze show / item performance and recommend/initiate next actions within 48 hours.
- Partner with Off Air Planner regarding opportunities off air.
- Identify and expedite RTVs.
- Ground zero inventory.
- Manage overall inventory level and distressed level to assigned goal.
- Price items according to assigned margins/shipping and handling guidelines.
- Manage Markdowns.
- Understand and contribute to the business strategies which include: Item Category Planning, Even Planning and Seasonal Planning.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- 2 years of experience in a retail environment. Planning or Merchandising function preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
- Ability to access and enter information using automated systems quickly and accurately.
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of data and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on the business.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- 3-5 years of total retail experience
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.