Assistant Buyer - HomeJob ID 0819225 Date posted 11/30/2018
Business Unit Summary
HSN’s Merchandising teams are responsible for developing our unique product assortment. Our buying teams partner with world class designers and industry experts to develop HSN exclusive products and build their brands. The teams create product and brands to inspire, entertain and engage our customers through assortment selection, product development, pricing, presentation and promotion.
Day in the Life
The Assistant Buyer assists with the planning, merchandising, and programming of product to achieve sales, profits and market share objectives for HSN.
- Negotiate with vendors for competitive pricing, promotions and other terms.
- Identifying market trends from trade journals, magazines and shopping and reporting on them to the buying team.
- Partner with Planning and Programming teams to develop divisional strategy to maximize product performance based on performance analysis and item information.
- Source new vendors - investigate leads, obtain samples and assist Buyer in product selection.
- Prepare Show Recaps regarding performance of individual items using established metrics (On Hand Inventory, Minutes of Air-Time, Percent Sales Through, and WNDPM).
- Train and mentor more entry level co-workers.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS/BA degree, preferably in merchandising and/or marketing.
- 3-5 years of corporate retail buying experience.
- Have an understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle.
- Have a working knowledge of open to buy reports.
- Have an understanding and skill in performing basic retail calculations.
- Have the ability to spot trends and translate them into product suggestions desired by our target customer.
- Have the ability to analyze reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Have proficient knowledge of MS Office.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Have experience working for a major retailer.
- Have experience working in complex environments.
- Have global buying experience, building both digital and non-digital assortments.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.