Application Developer - Web Development Digital Marketing
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
Business Unit Summary
As part of the Web Development team for HSN.com this Software Engineer plays an active role in the life cycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support of all the major experiences on the website. He or she plays a larger role in the design and development of new customer experience and templates to support all the content on the website than a Level I Software Engineer. This Software Engineer may work with users to gather requirements for design specifications, and develop solution. He or she adds input into the design of systems and projects. May work on a one-person project or function as part of a team.
A Day in the Life
- Individual contributor on small to moderately complex projects.
- Works with different teams to design/develop the best customer experience
- Develops custom applications and modifies existing applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Handles coding and debugging of customer experiences.
- Supports Business Groups in testing custom experiences and provide support in troubleshooting these experiences.
- Coordinates with different Business partners to design and develop customer experiences.
- Create/Update content needs on a daily basis as needed for Daily content update or rotational jobs.
- Participates in production support during and after normal working hours, including rotation for on call support pager.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of technical experience
- 2-3 years software development experience
- Advance HTML / HTML 5 Experience
- Advance JQuery Experience
- Strong Experience in designing advance customer web experiences (parallax, animation, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong knowledge of Video, integration with Flash, playback controls and performance considerations
- Experience as Software Engineer in a Web Applications / Application Programmer capacity using the .NET framework
- A commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible custom applications
- Strong programming ability, with great attention to detail and design
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams and individually
- Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support
- A desire to learn and use new technologies
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of PHP
- Familiar with Agile Development
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Qurate Retail, Inc.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location