Application Developer – .Net C#, MVC, Web API
St. Petersburg, Florida
At HSN you will enjoy a team-focused environment that thrives on innovation and encourages you to be part of a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer. Our dynamic IT teams bring people, process and technology together. They also work to ensure we create a stable operating environment and increase business productivity.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically Savvy
We come together every day to challenge each other and bring the best ideas to life.
HSN is dedicated to empowering women and helping families in times of need. We are motivated and inspired by our passionate customers and team members. Together, we can make a difference.
Paid Time Off
As part of the Information Technology organization, this Software Engineering team is responsible for the front end development of the HSN.com website and other Digital experiences. This position is for an advanced Software Engineer / Web Developer who plays an active role in the lifecycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support, and utilizing complex logic. This Software Engineer works on and regularly leads projects. He or she mentors other developers during the software lifecycle stages, coordinates assignments, and continuously learns about the business.
- Perform Software Design and Develop for intermediate and large projects.
- Formulate/define technical specifications.
- Develop or modify custom web pages/applications to meet distinct and changing business requirements.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) for both new development and enhancement projects.
- Function within a SCRUM team and participate in planning, analysis, design, development, testing, production rollout, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- Support the QA group in developing test plans, test scripts, and preparing for production releases.
- Provide post-implementation and on-going production support as an on-call programmer; support and troubleshoot complex production problems.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
Candidates must demonstrate a collaborative working style, and excellent written and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and possess time management skills to meet schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
- At least 4 years of Software Development experience
- Strong Microsoft-centric web development skills: IIS , ASP.NET , MVC , C# , Web API
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle ( SDLC )
- SQL development skills
- In-depth knowledge of Internet protocols and applications
- Expertise in the development of multi-platform, multi-threaded, distributed applications
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented programming, and MVC application architecture
- Commitment to producing top quality, well designed and flexible custom applications
- Strong programming ability, with great attention to detail and design as well as a passion for producing efficient and elegant code
- Solid understanding of user interface/experience design principals and a passion for constant improvement
- Desire to learn and use new technologies
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Agile SCRUM and test-driven development experience
- 24/7 E-Commerce experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with ReactJS , Redux , and GraphQL
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website —HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVCGroup has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.
About This Location
Find out what it's like to live and work in St. PetersburgGoogle Map This Location