Administrative Assistant for Apparel, Accessories and JewelryJob ID 0819277 Date posted 12/13/2018
HSN is seeking an energetic Administrative Assistant to support two Directors of Buying for Apparel, Accessories and Jewelry with managing and maintaining calendars, planning and coordinating meetings and travel. The Assistant will also provide administrative support to Buying teams, as well as global leadership team when onsite.
- Plans and coordinates meetings, off-sites, and other projects domestically and potentially globally
- Provides support in preparation and in production of material (agendas, presentations, production grids etc.) for events/meetings
- Handles confidential information, using judgment, and discretion
- Communicate with individuals inside and outside of department, at all levels of the organization and welcome and direct visitors
- Completes and processes expense reports
- Produce and run reports for Directors as needed.
- Assist teams with sample management and disposition.
- Maintain department PTO calendar and timekeeping records for payroll processing
- Other general clerical support including but not limited to making copies, faxing, file organization, submit maintenance requests, ordering office supplies, catering orders for events, ensure bottled water is-stock for guests, etc.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 3 years’ experience in an administrative or similar role
- BS/BA degree or equivalent specific experience
- Expert knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge in developing presentations
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to work professional and diplomatically with all levels of management
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”
- Dependable, flexible, and motivated with the ability to perform well under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to look ahead and anticipate needs and risks
- Quick learner, self-starter and willing to learn new programs
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, multi-task environment
- Strong problem solving abilities and basic creativity skills
- Outstanding organizational ability, taking detailed messaged and following up promptly
- Strong relationship building skills and is personable and friendly
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more.
HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB) is comprised of eight leading retail brands – QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”) – all dedicated to providing a ‘third way to shop,’ beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. Globally, Qurate Retail Group is #1 in video commerce, reaching approximately 370 million homes worldwide via 16 television networks and multiple ecommerce sites, social pages, mobile apps, print catalogs, and in-store destinations, and is #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the US. Qurate Retail, Inc. also holds minority interests in ILG and FTD as well as various green energy investments.