Visual Coordinator - (Back Stage, Visual Merchandise)Job ID 0817074 Date posted 11/29/2017
- Assist Visual Specialists with product prep for the HSN broadcast, ensuring all items are visually appealing, complete, and functional. Prep includes: unpacking, steaming, sorting, verifying quantities and quality, creating displays, table trafficking and other aspects of broadcast product display.
- Coordinate product movement from prep areas to studios during the HSN broadcast, while adhering to HSN show and studio standards.
- Anticipate, and react to, Show Host and Guest needs during the HSN broadcast, including requests related to product, Host cards, supplies and props.
- Maintain departmental props and supplies through proper use, maintenance and storage.
- Ensure timely return of all product (in good condition), to HSN warehouse.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
Undergraduate degree in Communications, Design, Television & Film, or similar field, or career equivalent
Push/pull/lift up to 35lbs
Standing/walking for majority of shift
Wearing headset (with broadcast audio) for up to 8 hours
- Ability to maintain clear communications with all broadcast teams
Must be able to work various shifts in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and overnights
- Sense of style and/or creative eye for design
- Experience with Customers or Guests
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- 1 year experience in retail, design, television or related field
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to collaborate with a number of internal and external groups
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Excellent time-management skills
- Able to maintain a positive, productive and organized environment
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.