Temporary - Showroom Handler II - ReceivingJob ID 0816999 Date posted 11/08/2017
The Showroom Receiving Handler II systemically & physically processes all new receipts into Showrooms inventory utilizing RF Guns and a warehouse management system.
- Assembly of on-air samples, such as exercise equipment, furniture, etc.
- Verify receipt of packages
- Properly tag items with HSN labels
- Process goods into inventory (using our WMS)
- Track packages via B2B, UPS or Fed Ex
- Maintain spreadsheets as required by management
- Complete put away for samples received
- Report receipt discrepancies to management
- Maintain assigned storage / work areas
- Re-locate inventory as needed
- Complete retail orders (sample purge) during downtime
- Package items for proper storage
- Communicate w/ merchants regarding sample receipt issues
- Make systemic adjustments to inventory as needed
- Verify Showroom samples in RETEK
- Other duties as required
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Knowledge assembling exercise equipment and/or furniture, including the use of tools, as required. Detail oriented including ability to follow assembly instructions
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, utilize conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow through
- Strong understanding of Inventory Operations and/or Shipping and Receiving
- Must obtain Stock picker Certification within 90 days of employment
- The ability to walk/stand for the majority of shift
- Strong PC skills – specifically Microsoft Office
“Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous inventory experience
- Previous experience in Show Handler I role
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs repetively and up to 75 lbs occasionally
- Ability to maneuver freely while assembling samples
- Ability to walk or stand continuously for the majority of the shift
- Ability to use portable stairs and ladders
- Ability to use Material Handling Equipment
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter andLinkedIn.
To learn more, visit www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $3.4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches 95 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 320 million catalogs annually, operates eight separate digital sales sites and operates 11 retail and outlet stores.