Software Engineer III – Oracle Forms / Merchandising SystemJob ID 0816961 Date posted 10/27/2017
As part of the IT Business Unit, this team plays an active role in all phases of the Project Life Cycle for HSN’s Retail Merchandising System. This Software Engineer adds technical/process input during the planning, analysis and design phases of projects. He or she is involved in development of complex customizations, is active in the validation stage to ensure quality deliverables, and plays an integral role in system integration.
- Software development in Oracle Forms and Reports, PL/SQL, MQ, Java, Pro*C, XML, UNIX server environment.
- Combination of system enhancements, new development, and support in a dynamic and fast paced 24x7x365 environment.
- Leads projects of small to medium complexity within the team or across teams.
- Participates in gathering user requirements, designing, developing and team/business review sessions.
- Assesses situations and suggests systemic process improvements.
- Learns the intricate details of the existing system to be able to support, analyze, and enhance it. Becomes an integral part of the team within a reasonable time period.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent/applicable technical experience
- 4-6 years of experience in software development
- Expert in PL/SQL for Oracle 11g database
- Experienced with Oracle Forms 10g in Application Server Environment
- Knowledge of Shell scripting
- Exposure to IBM Websphere MQ Series or similar middleware
- Willing to participate in on-call/pager support duty
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- XML, Pro*C in Linux environment, Core Java with JDBC
- Oracle Retail experience
- Retail business experience
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.