Software Engineer III – Oracle Forms / Merchandising SystemJob ID 0816961 Date posted 10/27/2017
As part of the IT Business Unit, this team plays an active role in all phases of the Project Life Cycle for HSN’s Retail Merchandising System. This Software Engineer adds technical/process input during the planning, analysis and design phases of projects. He or she is involved in development of complex customizations, is active in the validation stage to ensure quality deliverables, and plays an integral role in system integration.
- Software development in Oracle Forms and Reports, PL/SQL, MQ, Java, Pro*C, XML, UNIX server environment.
- Combination of system enhancements, new development, and support in a dynamic and fast paced 24x7x365 environment.
- Leads projects of small to medium complexity within the team or across teams.
- Participates in gathering user requirements, designing, developing and team/business review sessions.
- Assesses situations and suggests systemic process improvements.
- Learns the intricate details of the existing system to be able to support, analyze, and enhance it. Becomes an integral part of the team within a reasonable time period.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent/applicable technical experience
- 4-6 years of experience in software development
- Expert in PL/SQL for Oracle 11g database
- Experienced with Oracle Forms 10g in Application Server Environment
- Knowledge of Shell scripting
- Exposure to IBM Websphere MQ Series or similar middleware
- Willing to participate in on-call/pager support duty
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- XML, Pro*C in Linux environment, Core Java with JDBC
- Oracle Retail experience
- Retail business experience
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.