Social Media Integration Specialist (Marketing)Job ID 0817065 Date posted 11/29/2017
The Omni-Channel Marketing team focuses on one to one communication with HSNs customers, supporting the growth of the business by increasing top-line revenue and long-term customer profitability. They develop marketing campaigns to move customers through the lifecycle and grow their relationship with us to become HSN’s best customers. Omni-Channel Marketing campaigns leverage numerous direct to customer touch points and marketing channels including inbound web/phone, email, direct mail, credit card, package inserts, search engine marketing, display, gaming and social media.
If Monday morning meant a conference call with the Keith Urban social media team or developing a strategy for sharing Wendy Williams’ Instagram pics on HSN.com wouldn’t you be more excited about heading back to the office? That’s a real day for our Social Media Integration Specialist! Reporting directly to our Senior Manager of Social Media Marketing, you’ll be the pioneer of our social integration strategy, leading our efforts to use social content on our website and the television broadcast. That could mean working with our TV team to plan and produce social live streams, integrate viewer selfies into an on-air program, working with our web team to showcase live Twitter conversation on our website, and more.
Our winning candidate for this position will be game for one of the most exciting challenges in the retail space – leveraging social content as a tool that makes on-air programming and ecommerce more exciting, interesting and engaging. Your goal: Make our customer tune-in longer and increase her time on our website. Will you do it by incorporating Instavids into live programming or maybe by adding an interactive quiz with a viral social sharing element to our website? This role also puts you in the driver seat of our burgeoning social live stream program, which brings our favorite celebrities and brands directly to the consumer on Facebook, Instagram and other channels. Even more exciting – you’ll get the chance to help design live content developed specifically for social media. We want someone who not only brings us the big ideas, but the know-how, focus and work ethic to bring them to life!
- Oversee day-to-day planning and support the production for the HSN social live stream program
- Manage and support HSN’s strategy for key integration initiatives
- Work closely with our Site Production, Ecommerce, TV, Integrated Marketing, Mobile, Email and Games teams to execute cross-functional projects
- Capture, measure, and are accountable for reporting on, the success of integration through key KPIs
- Research trends, emerging markets and implement emerging technology and opportunities to innovate in the space
- Work with internal teams and with the social teams of really great brands like Giuliana Rancic, Disney, Benefit Cosmetics, Serena Williams and more to define and execute social strategies
- Help evangelize the value of social and the importance it places in the customer experience
Takes part in rotation of on-call weekend shifts with the Team, making sure if any problems arise over the weekend the team has coverage
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 3 years of multi-channel digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or business
- Experience working across an organization on projects and meeting or exceeding results
- Belief in relationship building and working as part of a team to achieve goals/results
- Organized, responsible and flexible in a fast-paced growth environment; tight deadlines don’t scare you
- Advanced knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and all other social media channels
- Experience with social tools like Spredfast & Curalate
- Proven success in social media and digital strategy; a proven executor
- Experience reporting on analytics & delivering to KPIs
- A love for what social does to bring people together and acceptance that it’s an “always on” endeavor
- Excited by the idea of working with celebrities and engaging them to ‘socialize’ on behalf of HSN and our customers
- Risk-taker who thrives on the unexpected
Able to work weekend on-call rotation approximately once a month
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must
- Experience using metrics and analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- 5 years of multi-channel digital marketing experience
- Social live stream or broadcast experience
- Knowledge of basic digital languages like HTML, CSS and JS
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year).HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.