Social Media Community Specialist - MarketingJob ID 0817112 Date posted 12/06/2017
The Omni-Channel Marketing team focuses on one to one communication with HSNs customers, supporting the growth of the business by increasing top-line revenue and long-term customer profitability. They develop marketing campaigns to move customers through the lifecycle and grow the relationships. The campaigns leverage numerous direct to customer touch points and marketing channels including inbound web/phone, email, direct mail, credit card, package inserts, search engine marketing, display, gaming and social media.
A Day in the Life
If Monday morning meant logging into Facebook and Twitter as the social voice for a publicly traded retail giant, wouldn’t you be more excited about heading back to the office? That’s real life for our Social Media Community Specialist! Reporting directly to our Manager of Social Media Marketing, you’ll be our expert in social conversation, managing all posting and engagement efforts on our major social channels, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Google+. In this role you’ll also have the opportunity to execute full social campaigns for some of our tier 2 activations, working on promotion and engagement strategies for brand partners and other business initiatives.
Our winning candidate for this position will be game for one of the most exciting challenges in the retail space – turning the casual Facebook or Twitter follower into a fervent brand advocate. Our specialist will do this by getting to know our social follower on a deep level, learning her likes and dislikes, passions, pain points and more. With this information, our specialist will help us make crucial decisions about larger campaigns as they relate to what, how and when we post on our platforms. Our specialist also needs a keen awareness of trends and developments in the larger social media industry, helping to keep HSN on the cutting edge of social happenings in a way that is inclusive of our core demographic.
- Manage daily execution of social posts and lead all conversations on all social platforms
- Help ideate creative asset concepts to support posting and brief them
- Play a role in developing content and story ideas for social posts and article content
- Work with the rest of the social team to identify social opportunities with brands and initiatives
- Work closely with partners in Creative and TV to execute social support plans
- Manage select tier 2 social campaigns.
- Develop social toolkits for partners
- Help manage and maintain social calendar
- Provide proactive input into HSN’s overall social strategy
- Takes part in rotation of on-call weekend shifts with the Team, making sure if any problems arise over the weekend the team has coverage
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BS/BA Degree in marketing, business, advertising, communications or a related field
- 2 years of experience in social media
- Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google+
- Demonstrable knowledge of the social media industry and current climate
- Experience collaborating with bloggers and knowledge of best practices in that industry
- Experience using community management tools such as Shoutlet, Curalate, Piqora, Hootsuite etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment on projects and achieving business results
- Able to work weekend on-call rotation approximately once a month
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves"
Nice to Haves
- Experience using metrics and analytics tools such as IBM Coremetrics
- 3 years of experience in social media
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.