Show Planner - IDLJob ID 0816959 Date posted 10/27/2017
Show Planners partner with Merchandise Planners that serve as a key role identifying and communicating opportunities and risks through the analysis of sales, gross profit and inventory turnover. Show planners support the merchandising group in writing the shows to attain sales and gross margin which will set HSN apart.
A Day in the Life
- Reviewing and reacting to daily sales
- Writing shows 72 - 96 hours out attaining net sales and margin plans
- Holding responsibility for the rotation of key items and reorders for assigned hours across the quarter and year-end
- Developing Today's Special projections and item placement in shows and recaps
- Planning Show Stopper items to maximize sales potential and sell thru
- Holding responsibility for strategic use of sales tools
- Managing markdowns and retail reduction plan
- Maintaining accuracy of rotation codes and item types
- Meeting weekly with Buyer to discuss status of upcoming shows and business trend
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, particularly in influencing and managing peer relationships, as well as, relationships with Merchant, guest, and programming partners.
- Demonstrates an ability to interact with senior level management.
- Demonstrates strong ability to manage details
- Ability to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, including verbal, non-verbal, and written. Able to speak with confidence and conviction in a concise manner.
- Demonstrates strong decision making skills with an ability to translate findings from analysis into a business strategy; including reading and reacting to the business.
- Exhibits an understanding of basic negotiating skills
- Has an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook. Is able to create documents and spreadsheets: formulas, links, graphs, charts, pivot tables, etc.
- Exhibits an understanding and application of show writing techniques using SPT tool that will create exciting and productive shows for the customer. For example: able to creatively write cross-divisional, mixed shows; item sequencing to maximize customer experience and avoid back-to-back high unit volume drivers; timing on items to increase variety; placement of line-lighter items, etc.
- Is able to accurately forecast show proformas.
- Exhibits proficient analytical skills and understands basic and advanced retail math.
- Is able to create all necessary recaps of the business for appropriate analysis.
- Exhibits an understanding and application of division Buy Plan and Merchandise assortment plans.
- Understands the inventory management process and attains the HSN aged inventory quarterly goals.
- Accurately forecasts HSN aged inventory levels on a monthly basis.
- Understands how to use and analyze reports to maximize the business
- Understands and formulates strategies for business review with team: markdowns, flex pay, and seasonality of products.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 3-5 years experience
- BS/BA in related field
- Varied allocation/distribution knowledge
- Extensive knowledge and experience in analyzing data
- Understanding of the merchandising process and product lifecycle
- A working knowledge of the open to buy reports
- Understanding and skill in performing retail calculations
- Ability to work in a team/collaborative environment that allows for flexibility based on the needs of the business.