Senior Web Platforms Engineer - Digital CommerceJob ID 0816804 Date posted 09/23/2017
The Digital Platform Engineering team performs Web Server Administration and Application Support for HSN’s Digital / E-commerce platforms, including HSN.com, Mobile, and other Digital experiences. This group is responsible for the administration, configuration, and monitoring of these platforms in a 24/7, highly available, and geo-clustered Web-based environment.
- Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects and may serve as a technical lead.
- Analyzes business requirements for system infrastructure.
- Implements hardware and systems software upgrades to existing servers.
- Solves inoperability issues and acts as a Go-to person for system infrastructure.
- Works with client team in testing and implementing systems and releases.
- Communicates plans, status, and issues to higher management levels; participates in presentations to senior leadership.
- Performs administration, configuration, and monitoring of Web-based Digital / E-commerce platforms.
- Deploys, installs, and configures the components of the system infrastructure.
- Works directly with all areas of IT and provides technical direction to more junior level engineers on the Digital Platforms team.
- Works closely with customers to determine their strategic business requirements and measures system performance against expectations.
- Supports production systems, as required, through performance optimization, problem resolution and timely issue communications.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)Must Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field or equivalent years of related technical experience.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience in Web Server Administration.
- Web-based applications using IIS 7 and 7.5, ASP.net.
- Load balancing and network infrastructure to maintain highly available platforms.
- Experience managing code deployments with multiple complex environments (dev, QA, load & production).
- Experience administering server operating systems (Win 2003, 2008 & 2008 R2) and Web based applications.
- Experience working with site performance tools at various levels, external synthetic monitoring, and overall platform health.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to details.
- Solid understanding of various industry standard protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, Active Directory, etc.).
- Experience effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
- Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
- Highly motivated and independent; good at prioritization and results oriented.
- Deep working knowledge of Content Delivery Networks.
- A self-learner; ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, and integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
Nice to Haves
- Application Performance Management (APM) experience.
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting and Web Application Deployments.
- Proficient UNIX/Linux skills.
- Familiarity with SQL based query languages.
- Storage Methodologies experience a plus.
- Experience with live and static video delivery over the Internet in various industry standard formats.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit https://jobs.hsn.com.
HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.