Senior SQL Server Database AdministratorJob ID 0816953 Date posted 10/27/2017
As part of the IT Business Unit, this team performs Database Administration activities for a highly available E-commerce enterprise. The Senior DBA provides leadership in database performance tuning, capacity planning and maintenance processes. The role entails daily execution as a team lead or project manager for SQL Server initiatives with the IT Project Portfolio. This individual demonstrates highly professional presentation while collaborating with IT Management, Business Liaisons and Application Teams. He or she exhibits strong ownership for the SQL Server environments, ensuring a high level of success in risk management and stability.
A Day in the Life
- Responsible for SQL Server Software installation and upgrades.
- Perform application security configuration and administration.
- Perform logical database design and physical database implementation.
- Instrumental in SQL Server database creation, monitoring and performance tuning.
- Application/SQL troubleshooting and tuning.
- Develop and implement Backup and Recovery Strategies.
- Review SQL code and database object designs against standards and best practices.
- Perform database administration from the command line, as well as through graphical tools.
- Architect and develop ETL solutions for Business Intelligence solutions.
- Administer Analysis Services performance and resources.
- Play an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects.
- Work closely with customers to determine their strategic business need requirements and measure system performance against expectations.
- Support production systems, as required, by optimizing performance, helping resolve problems, and providing timely follow-up on problem reports.
- Serve as technical lead on projects.
- Coordinate implementation activities with other parts of the enterprise.
- Participate in presentations to senior leadership.
- Communicate plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Assist IT peers and junior engineers in technical issue resolution.
- Provide technical direction, mentorship, and training to other team members.
- Participates in on-call, 24/7 support rotation.
- Set a good example by modeling HSN values and desired behaviors.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- 7 or more years of SQL Server Database Administration, T-SQL, and Backup and Recovery experience.
- 3 or more years of Highly Available Performance Tuning experience.
- Database Design/Data Modeling.
- Analysis Services/Data Mining.
- Windows Operating System.
- Demonstrated skills in: RDMS Software and Tools Installation, Configuration Management, Security Administration, Monitoring and Tuning, Backup and Recovery, Troubleshooting and efficient use of database storage.
- Experience administering moderate to large databases (over 400GB).
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Application Development Teams.
- Very strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and technical leadership skills.
- Ability to establish a high level of Management and Client trust.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- SQL Server 2014/2012/2008R2 Administration.
- MS Clustering and Always-On Administration.
- SQL Sentry Monitoring.
- SOX/PCI Audit Experience.
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Preparation.
- Performance Analysis.
- Risk Assessment and Presentation.
- Supporting 24/7/365 environments.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.