Senior Software Engineer – UnicaJob ID 0817001 Date posted 11/08/2017
Business Unit Summary
As part of the IT Business Unit, the Marketing Systems team plays an active role in the lifecycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support of Marketing Solutions including inbound and outbound marketing campaigns. This Senior Software Engineer: evaluates and gains an understanding of business requirements, and translates them into business solutions; provides technical input during the planning, analysis and design phases of complex and sophisticated Unica solutions; administers and maintains a Linux based Unica platform; plays an integral role in cross-functional system integration; mentors staff; and works collaboratively with all business users to find ways to add value to lifecycle marketing.
A Day in the Life
- Effectively manage and maintain Unica Platform, Unica Interact, Unica Campaign and Unica Marketing Operations environments (Non Production and Production), including: installation, configuration, patching and maintenance.
- Monitor application performance and maintain system SLAs.
- Partner with lifecycle marketing managers and campaign management team to collect requirements and design, develop and test marketing solutions accordingly.
- Support strategic goals to deliver innovative solutions and solve problems creatively.
- Enhance and maintain technology solutions for in-bound and outbound marketing campaigns including use of real time event patterns and machine learning.
- Integrate Unica with internal and external systems. Develop and maintain APIs when needed.
- Develop best practices and training documents for IT developers and campaign developers.
- Provide time and effort estimates and lead projects of various complexity.
- Become Subject Matter Expert and serve as the Go-to person for marketing solutions.
- Provide business and production support (24x7 duty pager rotation) as needed.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical work experience.
- At least 6 years of overall Information technology experience.
- At least 4 years of marketing technology experience in the Unica Platform, Unica Campaign, Unica Interact and Unica Marketing Operations.
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases – i.e. Oracle and Netezza.
- Deep understanding of Unica system tables and data flow between applications.
- Experience in all Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of TFS or equivalent Version control.
- Some knowledge of ETL architecture and processing.
- Some knowledge of Unix and shell scripting ( Korn / Perl ).
- Some knowledge of Citrix and VMware.
- Solid analytical skills and strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Ability to give direction to others.
- Demonstrates the desire to learn.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with the Interact self-learning module.
- Experience with omni channel retail marketing.
- Hands on experience with campaign development.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.