Senior Software Engineer - Java DevelopmentJob ID 0816042 Date posted 07/10/2017
As part of HSN’s Information Technology Business Unit, this team performs software engineering for critical Order Management and Processing technology. The individual who fulfills this role will be active during all phases of the Project Life Cycle with a focus on the back-end Order Processing functionality of the application. He or she will: add technical input during the planning, analysis, and design phases of projects; be responsible for the “how to” questions, data elements, calculations and creating prototypes/models; be involved at the development level in complex customizations and new application development; be active in the validation stage in order to ensure quality deliverables; and play an integral role in system integration.
- Design, document and prototype software solutions.
- Lead projects of medium to large complexity within the team.
- Participate or lead user requirements gathering.
- Participate or lead code review sessions with developers.
- Perform as the “go-to” person on projects.
- Assess situations and suggest systemic process improvements.
- Provide input during design sessions.
- Provide time and effort analysis and project status reports to management.
- Follow industry accepted project management methodology and standards on all projects.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent/applicable technical experience
- 5 or more years of experience in Software Development
- MQ Series
- SQL Queries / stored procedures
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Microsoft Office
- TFS or equivalent version control
- Detail Oriented
- Good follow up skills
- Ability to take direction from others
- Demonstrates the desire to learn
- Speaks and writes clearly and concisely
Nice to Haves
- Software Development experience with Order Management / Processing systems in Retail.
- Overall understanding of Retail business processes.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.