Senior Oracle Database AdministratorJob ID 0816906 Date posted 10/19/2017
As part of the IT Business Unit this team performs Database Administration functions in all environments including performance tuning and capacity planning. The Senior Database Administrator acts as a team lead or project manager for major projects within the DBA team. This individual collaborates with development teams supporting the application development lifecycle and/or the production support teams while ensuring system stability. This entails ensuring data is protected and accessible while meeting established service level agreements in a 24/7 environment.
- Manage all facets of the Oracle database system lifecycle.
- Play an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects.
- Identify and resolve database related issues, determining root cause.
- Healthcheck Monitoring for Exadata Systems and Production Databases.
- Support production systems by optimizing performance, helping resolve problems, and providing timely follow-up on problem reports.
- Oversee the coordination of patching cycles with DBA team members.
- Serve as technical lead on projects.
- Coordinate implementation activities with other parts of the enterprise.
- Participate in presentations to senior leadership.
- Communicate plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Mentor employees within the DBA group and other groups within IT, offering guidance and sharing technical knowledge.
- Enforce database security policies and change management procedures.
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Set a good example by modeling HSN fundamentals and Leadership Behaviors.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor of Science in an IT related field or equivalent business and technical experience.
- 7 or more years of experience with: Oracle Database Administration, PL/SQL, Backup and Recovery, and Performance Tuning.
- 3 or more years of experience with Exadata Systems.
- Project Management / Team Lead experience.
- System / Database Monitoring.
- Configuration Management.
- Database Security Administration.
- Strong Experience with Exadata RAC Administration, ASM, Active Data Guard, Advanced Queuing, RMAN, OEM/Grid Control.
- Oracle Database version 11g and 12c.
- Advanced SQL and instance tuning for medium to large databases (over 1000gb).
- Strong Unix/Linux shell scripting and PL/SQL skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to work independently, and in groups to achieve project objectives/deliverables.
Nice to Haves
- IBM PureData / Netezza administration experience.
- Oracle WebLogic, Forms & Reports experience.
- PCI / SOX audit experience.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.