Senior DevOps EngineerJob ID 0815948 Date posted 05/22/2017
DevOps ensures the quality, reliability, and stability of production systems and websites. DevOps engages with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic sites or key infrastructure.
The Senior DevOps Engineer: analyzes technical requirements of applications to ensure systems provide required availability, latency, scalability and efficiency; researches, designs and implements solutions for fault tolerance, performance enhancement, and configuration management of applications; advises infrastructure team regarding systems needs and repercussions of infrastructure changes; interfaces with development teams to resolve applications issues; and coordinates the release of new software and systems.
- Build, manage and support DEV and Test environments, including troubleshooting of incidents.
- Build the tools and systems that help DEV, QA and Operations teams deliver high-quality software.
- Learn new technologies and design/implement new solutions to automate infrastructure build out, deployments and monitoring.
- Proactively investigate new opportunities for automation across Agile and Hybrid teams.
- Create/maintain documentation of application environments workflows and procedures.
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics, with a focus on increasing proactive monitoring across the environments.
- Perform Release Management function including scheduling, and providing risk and impact analysis.
- Develop and automate standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios.
- Ensure non-functional requirements are met before deploying each release and certify the release for completeness for these requirements as part of Quality Assurance.
- Ensure proper tracking and management of all production changes, builds, etc.
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related technical concentration, or equivalent technical experience.
- 5 or more years of applicable IT experience.
- API development experience.
- Scripting experience in Python.
- Experience with mature DevOps practices and related tools.
- Strong background with source control systems.
- Strong knowledge of Web and Database administration.
- Release Management experience for multiple teams.
- Hands-on experience with deployment, scripting, and automation.
- Experience with deployment/provisioning tools.
- Experience in virtualization using VMWare.
- Experience creating or migrating infrastructure to the Cloud.
- Experience building or understanding Infrastructure as Code.
- Knowledge of IT Operations best practices in a 24/7, highly available, environment.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
(Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves.”)
Nice to Haves
- Retail Systems or E-commerce experience.
- Git and TFVC.
- IIS and MS SQL Server.
- Powershell or Perl.
- Chef or Puppet.
- TFS, Cherwell, or XL Release.
- Unix / Linux.
- PHP, Java, C, or C++.
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.