Senior Copywriter - CreativeJob ID 0816796 Date posted 09/21/2017
Our Creative team operates as HSN’s in-house creative “agency” composed of such positions as Copywriters, Art Directors, Photographers, UX Designers, and many more. This team utilizes their experiences and talents on everything from photo shoots, writing creative content for digital, TV or our social platforms, or designing our next programming guide.
As our Sr. Copywriter you will manage big-picture concepting, editorial storytelling and day-to-day writing projects for the HSN creative team.
- Write engaging, creative and on-brand copy to support a wide variety of products, promotions and company initiatives
- Have a thorough understanding of the brand and support a consistent brand voice on every channel
- Participate in concepting and brainstorming. Provide creative direction and drive fine-tuning of campaign messaging
- Help create unique selling angles for categories, promotions and products
- Write and/or edit copy for projects of all sizes, across all channels
- Help enhance all day-to-day processes, support brand consistency and manage other writers
- Assist in establishing, enforcing and updating HSN style guide and copy standards
- Review/edit externally produced creative and editorial copy as necessary
- Proof and fact-check to ensure 100% accuracy
- Manage incoming writing requests, schedules and workload calendars
- Collaborate closely with Sr. Art Directors/Graphic Designers on every project, regardless of size
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop the most compelling and effective copy and product stories
- Work with all internal and cross-functional partners to ensure asset execution in a timely manner
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
**In order to be considered candidates must include writing samples with your application**
- A 4-year college degree in a related field
- 6 years professional creative writing experience; proven ability to write clever, compelling and customer-focused copy
- Experience in writing for print, digital and social media
- Knowledge of retail and fashion trends; Thorough understanding of digital media best practices and how to keep content relevant and fresh
- Possess strong writing/English skills and be computer systems literate
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills; Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional problem solver who can meet brief objectives, while maintaining creativity and brand voice
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams, collaborate with all professional levels and thrive in a team-oriented environment
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- Blog experience
- Working experience at a major, Fortune 500/1000 brand, large company (+2500 employees) preferred
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. www.hsn.com/careers
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year).HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.