On Call Video Media TechnicianJob ID 0816826 Date posted 09/30/2017
The Video/Media Technician will be responsible for the build out of a proper video monitoring station to provide images of each scene to the production team. The person will also be essential to the media downloading process to ensure that all media is safely recorded and transferred to an external hard-drive unit for storage and ingesting
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
- Creating multiple viewing stations (video village, producer’s station, director’s station) for viewing playback and scenes of action on set.
- Ability to assist with Camera Slate and Script notes for each scene
- Ensure that all the required images and sound are captured, recorded, and safely downloaded before reformatting original media.
- Understanding professional industry standard external recording devices as well as internal camera recording
- Responsible for checking the compatibility of all video equipment which includes camera, lenses, tripod, recording devices, media, hand cart, batteries, cables and monitors for each remote production
- Responsible for downloading and transferring all footage to be stored on external hard drives
- Carefully pack and store equipment for loading out all video gear for remote productions
- Responsible for the return of all video gear leaving campus for a remote production
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Certification or Degree in Film Productions or a minimum of 2 years of field or TV Production experience
- Strong knowledge of video, video playback equipment, and video and audio cables
- Ability to stay alert and concentrate for long periods
- Strong ability to understand multimedia platforms and software for downloading media
- Basic understanding of film cameras, lighting and film stock
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Physical Requirements
- Lift, pull, push items over 50 lbs; Packaging/un-packaging items
- Stand for extending periods of time
- handling objects, tools, or controls
- Reach with arms; Balance, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
- Close, Distant, Peripheral, Depth vision; Ability to adjust and focus sight
- Takes initiative to troubleshoot issues and stay on task
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually
- Knowledge of visual effects and editing sequences together
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.