On Call TV Production Technician ( Camera Operation )Job ID 0816787 Date posted 09/19/2017
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
- Operate camera (hand held and/or jib) for HSN live broadcast
- Take direction from Show Directors in order to achieve production goals
- Set up and prepare studios for live and taped productions
- Assist with camera blocking
- Assist with mic and IFB checks
- Effectively use preproduction time to achieve high-quality production output
- Work on offline projects or the live show in the technical role assigned
- Maintain the studio and control room by keeping the area clean and properly reporting equipment issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelor’s degree in Television or Mass Communications preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of live television or related experience
- Manual camera set-up and operation
- Ability to lift and operate hand held camera
- Understanding and execution of basic camera framing
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of video production techniques, including: robotic camera operation, stage managing, hand held or jib camera, audio mixing, graphics operation, and video recording/playback systems
- Ability to work as needed, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Lifting, Pulling and Pushing items over 20 lbs
- Sitting and Standing for extended periods of time
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
- 3 years of live television or related experience
- Knowledge of Vinten Robotic cameras and ENG cameras
- Knowledge of Calrec audio boards and DigiCart
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to successfully work in a high-pressure environment both independently and with a team
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Strong technical aptitude
- Punctuality and reliable attendance
- Dependable self-starter with a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.