Sr. Set Decorator / Stylist (On Call)Job ID 0816792 Date posted 11/17/2017
The On Call Sr Stylist works closely with the Director, Producer and members of their respective teams to bring the visual design to life on set for remote and offline productions.
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
A Day in the Life
- Work with Producer to establish a budget for all props needed for production
- Work with Director or Producer to ensure proper location for each scene of props and furniture
- Purchases, rents, consign props prior to shoot date, tracks prop inventory
- Responsible for maintaining the set for each scene, including prop changes and strike down of the sets
- Package and return all props to its consigned location after the shoot date
- Coordinates placement, storage, and disposal of all props and organizes and maintains prop storage area
- Researches current trends in fashion, interior design etc. for set designs
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
**In order to be considered you must include a link to, or attachment of, your portfolio **
- Minimum of 3 years experience in design related field
- Requires creativity and originality, with a firm grasp of lifestyle branding (Beauty, Culinary, Fashion, Home)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of basic design principles
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Lifting, pulling, reaching, and pushing items over 50lbs
- Balance, crawl, crouch, kneel, and climb
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Good communication and critical thinking abilities
- Works well either individually or as part of a team
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About HSN: HSN is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is attributed to the QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB). For more information, please visit http://corporate.hsn.com/newsroom/, or follow @HSN on Facebook and Twitter.
The QVC Group consists of eight leading retail brands: QVC, HSN, zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements. The QVC Group has 27,000 team members in the US, the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy, France, Poland and China. Visit the QVC Group webpage to learn more.