On Call Set Stylist / DresserJob ID 0816792 Date posted 11/17/2017
The On Call Sr Stylist works closely with the Director, Producer and members of their respective teams to bring the visual design to life on set for remote and offline productions.
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
A Day in the Life
- Work with Producer to establish a budget for all props needed for production
- Work with Director or Producer to ensure proper location for each scene of props and furniture
- Purchases, rents, consign props prior to shoot date, tracks prop inventory
- Responsible for maintaining the set for each scene, including prop changes and strike down of the sets
- Package and return all props to its consigned location after the shoot date
- Coordinates placement, storage, and disposal of all props and organizes and maintains prop storage area
- Researches current trends in fashion, interior design etc. for set designs
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
**In order to be considered you must include a link to, or attachment of, your portfolio **
- Minimum of 3 years experience in design related field
- Requires creativity and originality, with a firm grasp of lifestyle branding (Beauty, Culinary, Fashion, Home)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of basic design principles
- Strong time management and decision making skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license
- Lifting, pulling, reaching, and pushing items over 50lbs
- Balance, crawl, crouch, kneel, and climb
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Good communication and critical thinking abilities
- Works well either individually or as part of a team
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.