On Call Production AssistantJob ID 0817032 Date posted 11/18/2017
The Production Assistant is the main Guest Services contact for on-air guests while they are at the HSN TV studios for live show presentations. As part of the Live Show Team, the Production Assistant is responsible for greeting all guests when they arrive to the TV studio bldg., supporting each guest before and after live show presentations by providing exceptional customer service while managing and executing department logistics.
About “On –Call” @ HSN
HSN employs “on call” staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
“On call” means that you are scheduled “as needed”, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
A Day in the Life
- Greet on-air guests upon arrival, review schedule and communicate show changes.
- Assign guests to their greenroom.
- Provide extra support and guidance to new HSN on-air guests.
- Provide necessary security badge to guests as they arrive for their visit.
- Communicate to Assistant Producers guest arrivals throughout the day.
- Equip guests with proper audio equipment.
- Escort guests to appropriate studio 10-15 minutes prior to each show.
- Manage greenroom assignments and ensure greenrooms are maintained properly—clean, organized and fully stocked with supplies.
- Work with Catering to request food items, water, coffee, and soft drinks as needed.
- Attend weekly Producer meeting, communicating guest information to department.
- Provide daily status reports to leaders.
- Partner with Guest Coordination to fulfill guest needs and requests.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned during high profile events, live concerts and celebrity visits.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve guest issues that arise.
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- BA/BS in TV/Film/Theater/Communications or Service Industry experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience in related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Possess the ability to adjust in a fast paced changing work environment
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and individual environment
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- 6 months experience in electronic retailing environment
- Previous Production Assistant or Personal Assistant experience
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/careers
HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq:HSNI) is a $4 billion interactive multichannel retailer with strong direct-to-consumer expertise among its two operating segments, HSN and Cornerstone. HSNi offers innovative, differentiated retail experiences on TV, online, via mobile devices, in catalogs, and in brick and mortar stores. HSN, a leading interactive multichannel retailer which offers a curated assortment of exclusive products combined with top brand names, now reaches approximately 94 million homes (24 hours a day, seven days a week, live 364 days a year). HSN.com offers a differentiated digital experience by leveraging content, community and commerce. In addition to its existing media platforms, HSN is the industry leader in transactional innovation, including services such as HSN Shop by Remote®, the only service of its kind in the U.S., the HSN Shopping App for mobile handheld devices and HSN on Demand®. Cornerstone comprises leading home and apparel lifestyle brands including Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill®, Grandin Road®, and Improvements®. Cornerstone distributes approximately 325 million catalogs annually, operates five separate digital sales sites and operates 14 retail and outlet stores.